Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur ABYSSINIAN Guinea Pigs

Mgmsguineapigs

Cavy Slave
Hello, I am new to guineapigcages.com, but I am a long time guinea pig and c&c cage lover. I have two lovely rescues, they are american(coat) guinea pigs named Aggie and Emma:love:. I am just curious if anyone has Abyssinian guinea pigs. If you do, can you post pictures of them? I am [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]considering[/FONT] adopting another bonded pair of piggieslol, and I am considering some piggies at my shelter who have the cowlick/Abyssinian coat (I have the time, resources, money and cage space for four piggies)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I have one. Her name is Pumpkin and she is so adorable! My little princess definately has an Abytude... She used to be sweet and cuddle then I started hand feeding her black berries ad now she refuses to eat any other veggies until she gets her black berry...

Here is the Little Miss Priss herself. Please ignore the boyish clothes. Nala peed of me so I changed my shirt into the first thing I could find. And the anklebrace... thats a long story.

pumpkin.jpg

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
If all you are curious about is what abyssinians look like you can always do a google image search. I'm just not sure what purpose it would serve to have everyone post pictures of their abby pigs.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Here is another picture of Pumpkin.

They took a bath and were consoling one another after I "tried to slowly drown them then smother them with bubbles in a white cauldron of death"...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359909569.018817.jpg

Kota12

Cavy Slave
I have one as well. His name is Riot, he sure is a riot. He definitely has Aby-tude!
securedownload3.jpg

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
@Kota12 Awww he is to adorable! He's so little. And FLUFFY!

Mgmsguineapigs

Cavy Slave
If all you are curious about is what abyssinians look like you can always do a google image search. I'm just not sure what purpose it would serve to have everyone post pictures of their abby pigs.

I know how to use google and I know what abby pigs look like, I wanted to know about their personality, as well as seeing what some of the piggies that people have on this website look like (I had never hear of an "abytude" before, now I know, therefore, posting this what helpful to me). And you don't have to post a picture if you don't want to. People post all the time, just to see pictures of other piggy owners cages and piggies.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
We have 5 piggies, 2 of they are Abbys. They are definitely more energetic and fierce than the other three. We thought at first the aby-tude of our first piggy was because of her age (got her as a baby) but she's 20 months old now and still a firecracker. Our other Aby is the boss and is the first to announce that the pigs need to be fed. They are both very, very clever as well.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I have one aby right now. Her name is Penelope and she has some serious aby-tude. She is almost 4yrs old and still popcorns everyday and loves running around. She also likes to let me know its foodtime! She's been a spazz since I brought her home when she was 8months old.

I had a previous aby named Java and she was also a hyper ball of fur!

Attachments

20130203_112950.jpg

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Well said [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION]!

PhinniePig

Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly - your pumpkin and my Phinneas could be related :p

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly - your pumpkin and my Phinneas could be related :p

I literally was just thinking about 20 minutes ago that if I got another boar, I would name him Phinneas. Awesome name.

I don't have an Abby but my Peruvian sort of like an abby as a baby so I'm just going to hijack this as a reason to post pics of my little man, hope you don't mind!

2012-09-13 11.39.46.jpg

This is the look he gives me when his veggie bowl is empty.

Peruvians don't get enough love around here...

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Then you should get another boar and two sows and name the boar Ferb and the sows Candace and Isabella.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
We have 3 abbys so I know all about abbytude!!! Roger and Fluffy are our biggest piggies weighing in at 3lbs. 6oz(Roger) and 2lbs. 15oz(Fluffy). Our new girl Josephine has only been with us for 3 weeks now and we shall see her abbytude when we will introduce her to Huey on Wednesday(Huey was just neutered and had to wait 3 weeks to be with a girl). Roger used to have major abbytude when he lived with the other boys but since he moved in with Annabelle(peruvian) he is just a big teddy bear! Annabelle has him wrapped around her dainty paw! He protects her if she's scared and even allows her to eat with him and NEVER tries to steal her food! Here are pigtures of them in the following order Roger, Josephine and Fluffy!DSCI0016.jpgDSCI0020.jpgDSCI0026.jpg

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
i have 5 pigs and two are abbies!!
DSCF0336.jpg
this is gingey!!
DSCF0348.jpg and pickle who loves a tickle...shes actually hard to take a photo off so its a bit blurey but you can see her hiding behind gingey in the first piccy!!! m girls have some serious abbytude, gingey is the top guinea in this herd!

:p

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have one Aby, Marble, who's got serious Abytude. He's my spunky, curious, energetic, mischievous piggie.

He has a completely different personality than my Shorthair pig, Twix, who is more laid-back.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Grace cuddle cup.jpg

The above is Grace. She's gorgeous; hard to photograph because of her deep colors.

Jumble psycho.jpg

And this is Jumble, pouting, because I didn't give her seconds on the carrots.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc , I thought the same thing about Roger being a lion when I snapped that pigture! Roger was sick a while back and had lost 6oz...he was so skinny at 3lbs :D. It's so funny when Abbys popcorn, they remind me of a leprechaun clicking his heals together.
[MENTION=19254]Wildcavy[/MENTION] , how is the majical Grace doing? She is a beauty, isn't she! She is the softest abby I have ever petted!

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
, how is the majical Grace doing? She is a beauty, isn't she! She is the softest abby I have ever petted!

She is doing very well! We'll have to get an aerial shot of her so you can see her Tutu hips. She has a biggish bum with the narrow Aby upper body, but the rosettes on her bum make her hips look bigger, like she's wearing a tutu! She's still incredibly soft. Teases Picckalo like you wouldn't believe -- he tries to go into a tunnel hidey, and she sits in the middle. Of course, with him being blind, it takes him a moment or two to work out the problem. The second he goes for another tunnel, she jumps off and sits in the middle of that one. We put out three hideys now so that he has a chance :*) But they get along really well -- eat hay together and rest next to each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.