Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Distancing herself?

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
Hey guys. Brief backstory: my girl Willa has always been somewhat affection outside the cage (purrs, snuggles into the blanket, etc) but doesn't like being picked up out of the cage. For the past couple of days when I take her out and place her on a blanket beside me she lays down as far away from me as possible. Any ideas as to why? She hasn't been aggressive towards me and still purrs now and then when I pet her.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

sherri86

Cavy Slave
There is a small possibility you might have hurt her the last time you took her out. Not on purpose of course .. I have a couple pigs that don't like being picked up, so I use the fleece pouch to pick them up out of the cage. I take all the hideys out and when they run into the pouch I gently scoop them out for their floor time. My other pig knows the drill and will go into a tunnel for me to pick him up.

you could try one of those ways to pick her up and see if it helps..

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
There is a small possibility you might have hurt her the last time you took her out. Not on purpose of course .. I have a couple pigs that don't like being picked up, so I use the fleece pouch to pick them up out of the cage. I take all the hideys out and when they run into the pouch I gently scoop them out for their floor time. My other pig knows the drill and will go into a tunnel for me to pick him up.

you could try one of those ways to pick her up and see if it helps..
Oh, I did actually. I accidentally cut the quick on one of her nails. As for taking her out, I do wait for her to be in her igloo before scooping her out. Do you think her 'silent treatment' will last long? Thanks for the reply!

sherri86

Cavy Slave
its hard to say, I have cut the quick a couple times on my pigs with black nails..they would yelp but then be ok. I would just let her have her space and she will probably start warming up to you again soon..

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
its hard to say, I have cut the quick a couple times on my pigs with black nails..they would yelp but then be ok. I would just let her have her space and she will probably start warming up to you again soon..
Okay, thank you. She did squeak when it was cut but was okay after that. I'll just keep an eye on her :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.