Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression Quinn Bullying Amy

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Quinn is turning into quite the little bully this week! It started with running poor Amy out of whatever hidey Amy would choose. Now it's progressed to food bullying, although Quinn does let Amy eat if she moves to another pile (I spread the food out). I have no idea what's up with my bold little missy, and I feel bad for poor Amy. She hasn't lost weight, but I worry that Quinn will draw blood if she keeps it up.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
what a little diva you have! lets hope she lets up, good thing you keep track of Amy's weight :)

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Is Quinn the same pig that was having sporadic bleeding that you thought may be related to her reproductive cycle? Was it ever narrowed down to what was causing the bleeding?

If not, be on the look out. Aggressive behaviour as well as spotting blood can all be signs of ovarian cysts.

I hope Amy is OK!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
@ellisa I was wondering about that because she is, indeed, the pig who was bleeding. I saw more blood while she was on her meds and then a suspicious spot afterward, but I'm not sure if that last spot was from food or blood, since they'd had some red grapes as a snack. I'm keeping an eye on her, as we plan to have her spayed if she's bleeding regularly.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My 3 are all on different heat cycles and constantly bullying one another, if I ever get another herd it will be boars for sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.