Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Still bond?

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Bella Rose was found to have a small ovarian cyst on each ovary last year at the age of 2 yo. She's usually displaying hormonal behavior for long lengths of time. She tries to hump my hand. If I touch her I get that shaky body and that noise. I haven't put 9 week old Bianka to bond yet. With Bellas constant hormonal behavior, wouldn't that drive Bianka nuts? Bianka is a few feet away from bellas pen. She's zooming everyday and is happy where she's at. Bellas is a 2 x 4 c&c with a kitchen and a couple tunnels for hiding. I don't do igloos or houses that have 1 entry only for air circulation sake. Still put together assuming they jive in a neutral area?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
You can rest assured that Bianka is going to be hormonal as well because of her heat cycles. Bella Rose may exhibit more pronounced behavior, but I would be surprised if Bianka doesn't have hormonal swings as well.

Artista

Cavy Slave
You can rest assured that Bianka is going to be hormonal as well because of her heat cycles. Bella Rose may exhibit more pronounced behavior, but I would be surprised if Bianka doesn't have hormonal swings as well.

I know Bianka will have cycles, but Bella is insane due to the ovarian cysts. I'm just thinking if she's going to feel harassed. She hasn't started her cycles yet.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If Bella can't help being insane due to ovarian cysts, why add Bianka to the hormonal mood swings? I would leave them separated and avoid the fights and screaming that are likely to take place.

Artista

Cavy Slave
If Bella can't help being insane due to ovarian cysts, why add Bianka to the hormonal mood swings? I would leave them separated and avoid the fights and screaming that are likely to take place.

I am noticing "holes" in one side of her fur that makes me think of hairloss beginning. She has ovarian cysts, very small last year when it was found when she was 2 yo. So I'm nervous. I've looked at the million photos I've taken of her and have looked at this white side at different angles. Took a pic. Looks like holes. And it's not where the rosettes are. Well 1 is but look at white side toward the bum. Ugh. :( scared....
20200911_185953.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm not sure that's hair loss from ovarian cysts. With cysts, it tends to thin out over a larger area, not concentrate in holes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.