Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Cage extension and a new friend!!!!

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
I am currently waiting on my husband to link me the picture he took of our new friend Tater Tot ~ he's such a sweet piggy!!

Here is a picture of the cage expansion, with the silly Bibbles grabbing a couple pellets lol
WIN_20140929_143048.jpg

I can't snap a new pic of Tater Tot because he fell asleep behind the fleece forest lol and he's still getting used to me I don't want to overwhelm him. We took the boys to boarding the other night so we could get their nails clipped and it gave us a chance to extend the cage :) instead of the 2x4 they once had they now have a 2x6 with 2 grids being a fleece forest (they LOVE IT!) a pigloo which is only med, but they still snuggle up in there for warmth or just one lone piggy :) THREE IS AMAZING

FINALLY found a good vet, no more emergencies like before, we are going to get pet insurance ;) we're obsessed with these cuties haha

Tater tot goes in for his exam next saturday :) but the boarding house said that they bonded perfectly (AND BOY DID THEY) and since tater tot came to them completely healthy unlike pet stores, we DON'T have to do the 21 day seperation (thank goodness) since he was free and clear of any ailments and we're going to make sure his teeth and such aren't grown too long and just the basic check up next week

SO EXCITED :) He's a short haired american, so soft and smooth compared to abyssian, but still love my boys :)

Was astounded that the shelter got them to bond so quickly~!!!! And hubby and I are incredibly happy to be saving a piggy :) he seems very happy, loves to cuddle and play, SO MUCH POPCORNING, only thing is he will eat all his veggies except peppers :( hoping in a couple days of watching the boys he will follow suit, but i still snuck some into pellets anyway so he would get at least a taste from juices or something hehe

EDIT!!:: I Snatched me some taters!!! I couldn't resist, so here's a new pic :)
WIN_20140929_144705.jpg

Last edited:

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
Oh and the fleece is to keep the cold wall from reflecting any cold on my sweet boys~! it's getting chilly here o.o

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new addition, he's adorable! It's so great that you were able to get a successful boar trio.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Love the name!!! Love me some taters too :)
I have the same purple butterfly fleece. Send some of that colder air towards Iowa, upper 80's here today

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
@pigger123 thanks!!! We are soooooooo excited, they asked if we wanted to try to bond since i mentioned hubby wishing we could get a third, so i said we'll give it a shot but i didn't get hopes up, so glad we tried though :D he's so cute
@daisy1cow it's a little lap pad they gave me at the boarding house, it was the last one they had, not very boyish but it does the trick for cuddle time :) and i LOVE the weather here lol i like it a lil on the cooler side, and the boys don't seem to mind it cooler either lol as long as i keep drafts off them which as you can see i go to the ultimate measures, even blankets in the front if i gotta LOL

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi! Nice new cage, and Tater Tot is a cutie! Love the name!

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
@janinehunt :D yes he is SO cute!! and thank you ^_^ Idk how it came to me, i wanted to name him popcorn then i realized he'd think we were calling him everytime the boys went into popcorn frenzys and we cheer "popcorn!!!" from the sidelines - thus getting them more excited, so somehow I went from popcorn, to tater tot lol

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
he does wheek and talk a lot more than the other pigs, he wheeks sometimes when i go to pet him, he runs around the cage and talks as he runs, and makes a really cute little squeak when he popcorns lol he is so much more vocal

Rywen

Cavy Slave
He's adorable, congratulations!

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
@Rywen thank you :) we are so happy to have him, it's obvious he's not used to bell pepper though, which makes me sad, he should have had it during the first year of his life~ but I'm doing what I did with the boys when we got them to get him used to pepper, he's coming around slowly :)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Awwww he's so cute!!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. :) I'm so happy for you both, you have a herd now! I've been itching for a third myself hehe...

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
@LuvCavysLuvCats :) yeah he's pretty adorable, we're glad too, hopefully things continue that way, he got pretty aggressive towards Nibbles last night and wouldn't let him eat or drink for 3 minutes due to mounting, but everyone says that's pretty normal since he's new and stuff, but no actually fighting, he chattered his teeth once and I stepped in lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.