Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Big enough for 2 pigs?

canadianxehh

Cavy Slave
I bought these grids today, and so far only Pumpkin is in there. I don't have enough space right now (will have more this weekend) but i plan on making a 4x3 grid cage for the girls, and a 4x4 grid cage for the boys.

As for now, she lives in this
cage.jpg
It's just a 2x3 cage for now, she has to live alone for 10 days due to vets orders, no big deal for now :)

But, i plan on moving her cage-friend in after about 11 days, adding another igloo, food bowl, and water bottle; that way they don't bully each other.

Is a 2x3 grid big enough for the two of them? Even though the main page says 1 pig = 2x3 grid :/

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
2x3 is also the minimum for 2 pigs, but a 2x4 is preferred. They may be fine together in a 2x3, but if there is any squabbling you may want to make it larger. Also provide extra hideys and more than one food/water dish/bottle so there isn't any hogging.

Last edited:

canadianxehh

Cavy Slave
Okay, i think that they will be fine. Because by the time i get more floor space, the cage will get bigger. thank you :) @ellisa

I did some drawing of what the cages could look like, but the wall space is 125 inches. Which would be 9 of my grids. So one cage will have to be 3 grids going across the wall, and the other will have to be 4 grids (or less) that way they aren't too close to each other. I just don't want anything happening to the boys (like them trying to get out). Another thing that worries me is the space between each of the grids. It seems a little large, but i don't think they will be able to get their heads through. So i might just get a shower curtain to go along the sides as well. Oh well.. just my mind is running is all..

CharScoobJoey

Cavy Slave
A 2x3 is fine if the pigs get along really will. If they start fighting you may want to expand the cage. For guinea pigs, bigger is better! :crazy:

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
That is a fine cage....
But for boars, bigger is ALLWAYS better

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.