Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media What kind of music do piggies like?

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
I selected this prefix because music is media! :)
I know, the title makes it sound weirder than it is! But I was curious, what kind of music do piggies like? Is it breed specific? Are they brought up listening to a certain kind, and that's why they like it?
What songs do everyone's piggies like? I've put on a few for Charlemagne, including a few old favorites:
"Fall for You"- Secondhand Serenade
"The Way You Love Me"- Faith Hill (remastered)
"It Ends Tonight"- All-American Rejects

So far, the only one that got her wheeking was the one by AAR. I think she was singing along :)
I was thinking of singing a song for her, and seeing if she liked it...am I odd for doing this? I feel like others do it too. One of my big dreams when I got a guinea pig was to sing to her.

I'll check on the thread later, but for now, I have to feed her some lettuce :D

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
cute! my guinea pigs HATE taylor swift :p

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
They like White Zombie, Disturbed, Metallica, Fear Factory and Rage aginst the machine

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They like White Zombie, Disturbed, Metallica, Fear Factory and Rage aginst the machine

Lucky you! That's my favourite type of music but when I try and play it the piggies react like the house is on fire or something. They really don't like it.

I'm lucky my musical tastes have become more eclectic whit getting older so I listen to "quieter" stuff that they don't seem to mind. Haven't found anything that would make them popcorn though.

MariKay

Cavy Slave
I play a classic rock radio station in my room all the time and my baby sleeps to it. :)

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
LOL, yea my pigs are tough guys!! They also enjoy chilling with me and watching some baseball, especially my oldest one, big mets fan he is!!

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
My girls burrrrrr at me every time I play chinese music. They REALLY hate anything with an erhu.

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
I don't know about music music, but mine get all excited when my little girl plays with her guitar. :) I'll have to try music and see what happens, lol.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I sometimes have a classical music radio station playing in my room (yes, I am a teen who likes classical music) and once an opera song came on. Marble heard it and started wheeking at the top of his lungs. lol

I don't know if my pigs like any other kind of music because the only thing I listen to besides classical-type music is audiobooks.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies everyone! Now I have to go turn on the radio and see what makes her wheek! @Fizzlepop40 you always made me laugh with your piggy Marble! He's always doing something cute :)
@soccerchickgrp5 I think you may have told me already that they hate the Swift...either that or I was reading when I shouldn't have been! I find it hilarious!
@SuperGilbert I am simply surprised...I never thought of death metal as a pig thing...
And that is all, for now! I will check back later, keep posting, friends :D

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
@cavykaitlyn Haha! Marble's my little goofball. He's always doing silly things. :) Like today when he and Twix were eating their veggies, Marble was kicking all the lettuce aside with his front paws because they were in the way of his carrots. lol

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, that is REALLY cute :) Charlemagne is actually not a big fan of carrots, I fed her a baby one once as a test and she barely touched it lol. She prefers green lettuce as her favorite, cucumbers as her second (she always gets something to supplement because I know they don't have much nutritional value) and probably the green pepper as her third. She'd do anything for a good piece of lettuce. She's pretty far along, and she ran away from my hands when I went to take her out today, but once I had her and she was with me I pulled out the lettuce, which got immediate nibbles! And sometimes when she's eating or even just sitting around I take a compact mirror and hold it under her nose, just so I can see those cute little piggy lips :) I think I'm being weird, but I just love her sooooo much!

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I don't think it's weird that you look at her lips with a mirror. lol I take pictures of my pigs while they are eating. I always seem to get funny piggy lips pictures then.

Crazy guinea pig people for the win. :D

ellisa

Cavy Slave
I usually listen to the hit list station on my tv when I'm with my pigs. They really don't seem to be interested in music, except when Nicki Minaj comes on. They are terrified of her.

ZiggyStardust

Cavy Slave
I was trying to find out Ziggy's (my new sow I've had for 8 days now) taste in music; she doesn't like loud rock or metal, but seems to enjoy Fleetwood Mac and Lana Del Ray :p

When she's a bit more used to listening to music I shall introduce her to Florence and the Machine; Popcorn and I love Florence so Ziggy will have to learn to as well!

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
My two girls are obsessed with Bruno Mars when I was your man! When ever it plays they run around their cage popcorning. It's so cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.