Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Clean Bill of Health

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
As many of you may remember, I've had several problems battling with my cancer and remission. I had a doctor appointment today and I'm going on 2 and a half months into remission. I've gained back 20 pounds that I needed desperately, and I'm actually going back to highschool. Last year I fell into depression regarding my health and several life events and started abusing some illegal substances, and was put into foster care, leading in my dropping out. I'm now 8 months clean and already registered to start school Wednesday. I lost that year so this year I'm starting my 2nd freshman year, but I'm very proud that I'm actually doing it.

Things are turning up and I want this to be inspiration that things really do get worse before they get better.

:)

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Wonderful news hun! So glad life is getting better for you.

You are such a strong and mature teen; I can honestly say if I had gone through everything you've been through in your short life I would have such a bleak outlook on life.

You are truly an inspiration to all of us!! <3 <3 <3

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Glad to see you back, and that life is looking up! Keep up the good work!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Keep up the good work. I'm glad to see you are healthy.

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Wonderful news hun! So glad life is getting better for you.

You are such a strong and mature teen; I can honestly say if I had gone through everything you've been through in your short life I would have such a bleak outlook on life.

You are truly an inspiration to all of us!! <3 <3 <3
Thank you so much. I used to get mad at the world and everyone around me that I was put into these situations that I couldn't control at all, but the more I think about it, I'm glad it was me. I was one of the lucky ones who was strong enough to make it out. I'm lucky. I'm healthy. And I'm going to make it​ for goodness sakes.

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
@bpatters and [MENTION=19358]Inle_Rabbit[/MENTION] Thanks!

natsmom26

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on being in remission. Hopefully you will completely kick cancer's butt! It sounds like you missed a lot of time being a kid and having fun. I sure hope you get to make that time up. Good luck in school!!

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on being in remission. My aunt just hit the 5 year remission mark of breast cancer. Glad to hear hun :) As far as school, you can do it. I graduated high school at 19, married with two daughters. I am now 24, have my diploma, Associates degree and am working on my Bachelors degree, still married and now with three daughters :) It is really hard but if you put your mind to it, it can be done. Congrats on how far you've made it already.

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on being in remission. Hopefully you will completely kick cancer's butt! It sounds like you missed a lot of time being a kid and having fun. I sure hope you get to make that time up. Good luck in school!!
It's okay, I have perfect non examples around me and the most I can do is start doing well for myself :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
It's okay, I have perfect non examples around me and the most I can do is start doing well for myself :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.