Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So, I had my first REAL day of high school today...

Tablo

Cavy Slave
And I already hate it.

I'm stuck next to my WORST ENEMY ( @xXMaggieXx that girl who spazzed on my Facebook profile!) in THREE of my 7 classes. WWWWHHHHYYY.

I got the hugest Algebra 1 assignment EVER...

Spanish is okay.

Band is amazing, as usual. I play clarinet, sax, piano, bass guitar, and regular acoustic... Only do guitar for jazz band, only piano for S&E, sax for pep band, and clarinet for regular band.

My English/study hall teacher is absolutely amazing. <3

There's a lot more. I'd say the things I hate and the things I love weigh each other out to be pretty even.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Of course you hated it, it's highschool. XD Don't worry it's only 4 years. I never liked high school until I finally talked my mom into letting me go to a public school in jr. year instead of the privet one I was at.

petgal49

Cavy Slave
The hope was, people like me got to finally find our place in college or in the actual world. People who understood this told you that high school wasn't the actual world, that it was more like a temporary alternate reality you were forced to believe in for four years. A video game you played, where you could never get to the next level no matter how hard you tried

Tablo

Cavy Slave
I CANNOT keep going to this school. I can almost guarantee that the school will be the death of me. I wanna do it online, but we didn't get to the deadline to register in time, so we're registering when the time comes, if it's still not going well... I don't see it working out.

I JUST ordered (literally, JUST ORDERED) coro and grids, so I can make my 2x6, and by the time my new pig, who I am adopting on Friday, is out of a week or 2 of quarantine (JUST to be safe, plus, I wouldn't put them in a 2x3 cage together, and I don't currently have the fleece for it, yadayada) I can get the 2x6 set up, and then... voila! Plus, introductions, but y'know.

Oh, man, I need lots of fleece...

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
Neither your worst enemy or your best friends can educate you. By you worring about who's next to you or who's doing whatever, your cheating yourself out of a future. Also, what your dealing with is very much what you'll be dealing with as an adult, only way easier. Now get on that homework!!lol

PiggieAddict
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Tablo

Cavy Slave
I wanna do it at home, too, because if my mum buys me my own laptop (we've got the money to) I can just sit up in my room and do it online, and be with my piggies, too.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I went to an all girl's high school... talk about hating school..... My son said music got him through high school. He hated high school, too, except for band. He played piano, alto sax for marching band and tenor sax for wind ensemble pep band and jazz band. The band kids were all really close and they still keep in touch even though they're all in college now. The best part was that they went to Disney for Marching Band and New York for wind ensemble so that made it even better.

Tablo

Cavy Slave
Last year, I went to state as a middle schooler for playing piano. Got firsts in sax and clarinet, but actually went to state. Went to state honor band, too.

We travel... a LOT for major concerts and stuff. The farthest we've gone is Chicago, I believe, though.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Hey gurl! sorry about being stuck with that girl.
I got a lot of homework too!
I have a lab and research paper due in magnet chemistry, an essay due in Spanish, and an English paper due on Thursday. Tomorrow I have Magnet Advanced Algebra and world history along with Art. I don't like my study block teacher at all!

Out of all the places I thought I would get lost I couldnt find the cafeteria. haha. Everyone knows where that is but, my class is on the second story in the new wing, couldnt figure out how to get their in only 5 minutes. The janitor ended up letting us in at the back entrance lol I hope your next day is better!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear it was a rough first day but gosh it's only the first day. Do yourself a favor, give it a chance before deciding that it will, "Be the end of you" or that you "don't see it working out". Here's a secret that no one ever tells you - if it was a rough day for you, there are lots of other people that are feeling the same way. Starting something new is definitely an adjustment.

Can you tell us three things you liked about the experience? And "going home" doesn't count! LOL Be honest...name three things that you kind of liked about the day and that you can see enjoying this year. You mentioned someone in your classes that you don't get along with, were there other people that you DO get along with or that maybe you don't know and could GET to know?

Tablo

Cavy Slave
Ever since I moved here, @ThePigAlchemist , my life has been, in simple (and clean) terms, crap.

I moved here right after I turned 11, and I'm almost 15 now. I HATE it. I've always hated this school, ever since I've moved here. It gets worse and worse and worse. It's not that the teachers are horrid (the CLASSROOM teachers are good, the gym teacher feels like the only thing the school needs is $60k worth of gym equipment 3 times a year) it's that the bullying is WAY out of control.

Oh, and the school is willing to give the gym teacher 60k (actually, the students, NOT MEEEE!!, were forced to walk for at least 5 miles in the heat, and had to ask people for money for gym equipment we didn't need!), but quit using silverware, so we're only given PLASTIC SPORKS.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO EAT A SALAD WITH A PLASTIC SPORK?!?!

I DO.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Another music person! I play flute, a little bit of piccolo, trumpet, sax, and I started learning clarinet this summer. I've tried piano but it hasn't worked out so well. One day I'll pick up the guitar collecting dust in my closet but it's a lot different than the instruments I do play. :) Music was super-important to me all through high school.

When I first started high school, I hated it since I had just moved and knew no one. But over time, it got a lot better. I even kind of miss it now. I'm just a senior in college so I don't think I'm like those adults that always talk about how high school was the best four years of their lives. So in my experience, it gets better.

My son is a senior in college, too.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
MY first day sucked too. I'm officially a senior, grade 11. WOOT. Not. My physics teacher is an absolute lunatic, so I'm switching out of that. My new schedule is hopefully going to be health care, ancient history, rhythm and movement (gym minus the sports) and then math. If my schedule changes, I'll have all amazing teachers. I don't need physics anyways. Wanna talk about a fun day? Try telling 3/4 of your teachers you have an eating disorder so you have to miss a crap load of class and be exempt from a list full of things. Oh, and then top that off with no lunch period. And add my arch nemisis of 6 years into my gym class. YAY SCHOOL. I only have two panic attacks today. I think that's a record low amount. I hate school with a passion.

I doubt it will be much better for university, I can only hope I can get the heck away from the people at my school.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
LOL @Tablo PLASTIC SPORK

TOO POOR TO BUY SPOONS AND FORKS :D You have made my evening.

Tablo

Cavy Slave
@madelineelaine

YES. THEY MUST BE. I mean, they had REAL silverware last year. Apparently it cost "too much" to keep up with washing it... someone has to wash the trays anyways DDDDD:<

And oh, I've done the whole ED thing before, and worse. Not going to talk about it publicly on the forum... not because I'm hiding it, but because I don't know who it'll trigger, lol.

BUT SRS. I WANT SOME FREAKIN' SILVERWARE.

My mum said she'll buy me HARD PURPLE PLASTIC SILVERWARE THAT I CAN BRING TO SCHOOL. I was like.... "....<3 LURVE 4EVR"

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@Tablo PM ME !

and I appreciate the lack of triggers :p

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous. My caf just charges for plastic stuff. 10 CENTS A POP BABY.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I think everyone hates/hated highschool. I hated it and looking back I don't really see why I did. It wasn't that bad, and since graduating I've been through way worse. In reality it's just a small part of your life. Just give it time. Hopefully it will get better. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Tablo

Cavy Slave
@ellisa

You sound like my mother :(

But, yeah I guess, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I've had enough with the bullying, though. That's the BIGGEST thing. If this year isn't any better, I really DO wanna switch to online. I've given it a few years, and if it doesn't get better... I can finish online. Might go back for my senior year, but...

ojars

Cavy Slave
Dealing with the real world is work. High school is a vacation! You will never have it so good again. Ah, if I had it to do over again ...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.