Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets where can I buy Oxbow products?

hallister

Cavy Slave
I am wanting to order some Oxbow young Guinea Pig food online as well as the vitamin C tablets before they are discontinued. I am in Canada. I have tried the Oxbow website, but they only gave me one website that carries Oxbow in Canada and for some reason I am unable to order off the site. Any Canadian's know where I can get the products? I cant go to a pet store as we live in a small city and our pet stores don't carry Oxbow products.

Thanks in advance.

guineapigman

Cavy Slave
Try amazon, I could get them on amazon.co.uk. They will probably have them on the Canadian site too.

hallister

Cavy Slave
Shipping is SUPER expensive on Amazon, and their is only one supplier of the young adult version... [MENTION=32388]guineapigman[/MENTION]

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
What province are you in? I know in Southern Ontario you can get it at many pet stores. I purchase all my Oxbow food from Ren's Pet Depot. I get it in store but they do sell it online, it may be worth checking it out. Alternatively if you really need it, petsmart does carry Oxbow products.

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
Here's a Canadian website that sells Oxbow: (broken link removed) I'm not sure if they sell the vitamin c tabs though.

hallister

Cavy Slave
@sallyvh Alberta, we don't have a pet smart in my city, closest is 3 hours

hallister

Cavy Slave
Nope, they don't sell a lot of their items online for some reason :/ [MENTION=27350]ClemmyOddieIndy[/MENTION]

GuineaPiglet

Cavy Slave
Do you have a Bosley's close by? My local Bosley's carries Oxbow( I live in BC) . Or what we did is asked our local pet store (that doesn't sell pets, just pet supplies) to bring it in and they are super nice so they did, so maybe nicely ask a small family pet store if they are willing to bring it in.

hallister

Cavy Slave
We don't have a Bosley's, (super small city in Alberta) I asked one of our 3 pet stores If they would order it for us, and they wouldn't, but I will ask the other 2 as well!

richguinea

Cavy Slave
Is Oxbow a highly recommended food product for guinea pigs? And also, how much vitamin C do you give your guinea pig each day, Hallister?

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Nope, they don't sell a lot of their items online for some reason :/ @ClemmyOddieIndy

I work at PetSmart, and I know they sell more items online then they do in store. They do sell Oxbow online, and I just double checked to make sure.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Is Oxbow a highly recommended food product for guinea pigs? And also, how much vitamin C do you give your guinea pig each day, Hallister?

Yes, the top recommended brands of food are Oxbow and KMS.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
You don't have to buy young guinea pig pellets if you can't. If its the calcium source for young pigs you are looking for you can always feed alfalfa hay and veggies high in calcium instead of alfalfa based pellets.

For the vitamin c supplement correct me if Im wrong but doesn't Dr. FosterandSmith sell Oxbow vitamin c supplements and don't they deliver to Canada?

Gandalf

Cavy Slave

From being on this forum awhile, it was my impression that using supplemental vit C was not recommended. The Oxbow already has vit C and more can be offered by providing fresh foods, like green peppers, per the nutrition chart on this forum.

Here's the link to the chart:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...n-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List#post254730

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
From being on this forum awhile, it was my impression that using supplemental vit C was not recommended. The Oxbow already has vit C and more can be offered by providing fresh foods, like green peppers, per the nutrition chart on this forum.

Here's the link to the chart:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...n-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List#post254730

It depends on what vitamin c supplement you use, vita drops are not recommend because it changes the taste of water and the guinea pig won't drink it anymore. The Oxbow supplement is safe and most people will use it if their guinea pig(s) don't like bell pepper.

hallister

Cavy Slave
@ClemmyOddieIndy Everytime I go on the website it always says the product is "Not sold online". One of my local pet-stores has started carring Oxbow products though, so I picked up some stuff today. Thanks again for your help.
@richguinea My Sebastian only eats Cilantro, as he is super picky, so we give him Vitamin C supplement, and Oxbow pellets.

skittles3024

Cavy Slave
You don't have to buy young guinea pig pellets if you can't. If its the calcium source for young pigs you are looking for you can always feed alfalfa hay and veggies high in calcium instead of alfalfa based pellets.

For the vitamin c supplement correct me if Im wrong but doesn't Dr. FosterandSmith sell Oxbow vitamin c supplements and don't they deliver to Canada?

I have a young guinea pig but I just feed her the adult oxbow pellets and then feed her alfalfa and Timothy based hay. She loves the adult pellets and loves her alfalfa hay so it's a win win for her.

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
I order Oxbow products from canadianpetconnection.com. I believe that they carry the complete Oxbow line. They're in Ontario. They usually only ship one day a week, and the shipping to BC is sometimes quite slow, especially if there's a holiday, so I order my products well in advance. I've been ordering from them for the past couple of years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.