Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!I have been researching and reading nonstop for just short of 2 weeks now soaking up every bit of info on pregnant guinea pigs, newborn pups, complications, labor and birth, etc. I feel like I could probably write and illustrate a book by now. Long story short, I purchased a pair of male guinea pigs from a pet store (pre-research of course). Now I have a very pregnant "male" renamed Maggie. I love her dearly and worried out of my mind things could go sour come d-day. She is the right age, eating all the recommended diet for a pregnant piggie, VERY loved and cared for and closely monitored and I have a cavy savy vet lined up with the low down on my girl and boy for that matter. There is no reason to be overly concerned at this point, but I can't help it. I'd be devastated if I lost my girl.

I can for sure feel 2 pups, but only one moves so I am bracing myself for that. She is very close. I have felt babies move for over 2 weeks, I feel and hear teeth grinding, she lays around a lot more the last 4 days, she is still eating like a pig lol, her pelvic bones are separated a finger width give or take a bit the last 2 days. My boar is seperated and very depressed about it, but finally started eating again today. They get regular visits until babies come, then he will be a lonely fellow for a while. Crossing fingers for a male. Wish us luck and will post pics when babies come!

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
AW! I remember the anxiety of waiting! It sounds like she could have them any time now! :D I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to see photos! :D
Here is my momma and her babies the day they were born :) The babies are a month old now!
Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!

Lady Amelia

Cavy Slave
Ahhh! Anxiety is the worst! Just remember and practice your coping skills and let us know what happens!

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
I was so anxious waiting for my pups to come just a week ago and now that they are here. I'm anxious to make sure they are happy and healthy. We had four pups and they are growing and showing so much personality. Praying all goes great. Would love to see pup pics.Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Ipdate. Still no pups! My poor Maggie! I'm beginning to wonder if she will just be pregnant forever? Poor thing.

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
Can't wait to have an update on your girl!

lmaraya

Cavy Gazer
oh my gosh I can't wait to see the pups! Hoping that when Maggie delivers it all goes very smoothly for her and the pups! [emoji5]️[emoji5]️

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
So still no babies! Poor thing is too big for her piggloo now too :(. Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming! She just drags it around because her tummy doesn't fit.

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
She is still eating and drinking a ton and is very spoiled! Baby/babies are doing well. I felt movement and teeth grinding away. Pelvic bones have been opening wider and wider since Wednesday. All the signs are there for baby to come very soon. We will see!

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Aww poor Maggie, hopefully she can get out of that pigloo soon :love:

surlypiggy

Cavy Slave
I personally would take Maggie's pigloo out of her cage. If she gave birth in there, she would be standing on the first pup while giving birth to the next. There isn't much ventilation in a pigloo, so the smell of urine is really strong. I'd replace it with a step stool or hang fleece over a corner of the cage. It will give her more room to maneuver.

lmaraya

Cavy Gazer
It sounds like it could be any day for Maggie! [emoji4] do keep us updated as much as possible! @Mingelse

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
After I realized she didn't have enough room yesterday, I didn't put it back in her cage. She is still happy and active and babies are kicking away! I keep hoping my next post will be pics of pups! Ahh!!!

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
Awww are you going to keep all the babies?

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I love baby guinea pigs!!

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Babies are herePups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Don't know why that pic uploaded sideways

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Maggie had 3 very cute babies! Everyone seems to be doing very well. Mama is already nursing and cleaning. More pics and details later after my own babies go to bed.

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
Maggie had 3 very cute babies! Everyone seems to be doing very well. Mama is already nursing and cleaning. More pics and details later after my own babies go to bed.

Oh my goodness!!!!! How adorable! Can't wait to see more photos

Mingelse

Cavy Gazer
Pups any day now and the anxiety is overwhelming!Here is Red. I think a female??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.