Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Piggie Tips

• Thread starter Squeeking Piggy
  • Start date

Squeeking Piggy

Cavy Slave
Here are some tips I have researched about and learned.Please take the time to read all of the thread.Thank you!

Behavior Schedual/Floortime Schedual

7:00am-8:00am:Activity is at a high amount and pigs play,forage,and whatever(Good for floortime).

8:00am-10:45am:Activity decreases and pigs spend more time hiding than playing(Moderatly good for floortime).

10:45am-1:00pm:Activity almost completely stops and pigs rest(bad for floortime).

Squeeking Piggy

Cavy Slave
1:00pm-4:00pm:Activity increases and pigs play more(good for floortime).

4:00pm-6:30pm:pigs go back to hiding and sleeping(bad for floortime).

6:30pm-8:00pm:Activity increases and pigs play,forage,and whatever(good for floortime).

8:00pm-10:00pm:Activity increases even more than before(bad for floortime because it is late.Plus,it has to be dark).

10:00pm-4:00am:pigs hide and sleep(bad for floortime).

4:00am-6:00am:Activity increases very slowly( wait longer for floortime).

Thank you for reading this thread.If you have questions or comments,please post.

Squeeking Piggy

Cavy Slave
I have found a good website for piggie tips.Go to Welcome to Jackie's Guinea Piggies for good advice.This site promotes floortime and demotes breeding.This site also promotes pairing of male or female pairing and gives instrustions on how to match piggies.Try it out!

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Wouldn't this schedule be different for every house that has piggies, due to the different activity schedules within the household?

For instance, my household starts its day at 5:00am and the piggies start to stir as soon as we get out of bed. The "Wheeking hour" as we call it because the wheeking starts before my eyes are even open. The veggies (which have been prepared the night before) are served to the piggies before I can even make a potty break!

The "Wheaking hour" starts our active time of the day!

Squeeking Piggy

Cavy Slave
Yes,activity starts at different times for every household.I measured the behaviors of my piggies(I have two)and made a ratio of their behavior to help others and give a moderatly close idea of what piggies do with their time.

pgpsm
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

socal805

Cavy Slave
The "Wheeking hour" as we call it because the wheeking starts before my eyes are even open. The veggies (which have been prepared the night before) are served to the piggies before I can even make a potty break!

The "Wheaking hour" starts our active time of the day!

It's the same in my house! When my alarm goes off at 5 am, as soon as I pull back the covers and step onto the floor I know I am going to hear that first "Wheek" from the cage downstairs! By the time I make it down to the coffee maker there is a chorus of "wheeks" coming from the cage. Today I actually slept until 9 am which is a true miracle in this house!

Porcellino

Cavy Slave
wow!
very useful!
thanks so much!:love:

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
Very true. I swear our pigs even know which people are home that morning. If the boys (especially the 14 year old, who is an early riser) are around, the WHEEEEEEEEK chorus starts around 5 am. If they're not, they wait until around 8, when the rest of us normally rouse.

Our two boars are most active first thing in the morning, and again late-evening, right about the time my partner is coming home from work.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Wouldn't this schedule be different for every house that has piggies, due to the different activity schedules within the household?
Absolutely. You can't really go by this schedule as it's not going to be true for every household. You'd have to observe your pigs and see when thay are most active. CavySlave255's schedule doesn't hold true for my own pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.