Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Piggy Bed Spreads

partygirlha

Cavy Slave
So I know that many people wonder are the realy Piggy Bed Spreads worth the hight cost. I have been using them for ove a year now and love them... but the true test came when I was away over the holidays. I only have one extra so when I go away some times a cage gets my old fleece. My "old fleece" is two layers of fleece with 1-2 layers of towles in the middle. well having changes a cage tonight (friday) that the sitter says she changed on Monday night, the fleece had soaded thought to the colorplast and I needed way more time to clean that than I ever do with the bed spreads. Normally I only have to spot clean arounf the edges... but with my "old fleece liners" I needed to spray down and soak and dry the entire cage.

Also, the cage cleaned one monday smelled as bad or worse than the one that had a bed spread and was 7 days post cleaning when we got home.

arionat799

Cavy Slave
I've thought about getting one b/c if they last to years and i'm getting one for $69 it's only like $3 a month! But it's a little much to pay up front, besides, what happens if you expand your cage?

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
I love my piggy bedspread! I have tried quite a few bedding situations in my girls cage and this is by far the best in my opinion. I was a little worried about the hair which isn't a problem with my satin shortahired piggie but my longhaired silkie is another story but it is very easy to get off with a lint roller that's made for pet hair.

arionat799

Cavy Slave
What is better about the piggie bedspreads vs just regular fleece?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.