Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating Guinea Pig Won't Eat Her Hay

DalyasCavyCrew

Cavy Slave
My precious piggy, Aggie, has stopped eating hay almost entirely since her cage-mate passed away (which was in late December, but I'm getting her a new friend soon). She'll eat pellets and will devour veggies like a champ, but I don't know what to do about the hay thing. I've even tried giving her other brands and other types of hay (I feed Oxbow timothy hay) but nothing works. She's also recently started drinking a LOT of water. She'll drink an entire 32 oz. water bottle's worth of water every day! Is she sick? Please help!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What you're describing sounds very much like what my boar Sly has been going through. It sounds very much like she has a dental issue.

Please, get her into a cavy savvy vet ASAP. Not just a regular dog and cat vet, but one that specializes in exotics.

Here is Sly's medical thread. Read through it and see if there are similarities between Aggie and Sly.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/114592-Sly-s-Medical-Thread

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.