Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Etsy shops that have reasonable prices?

PopcornPumpkin

Cavy Slave
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I?m new to this but some of the shops seem overpriced.

Squibbles

Cavy Gazer
I have not found anything on Etsy that I would consider reasonable. The stuff is super cute with an equally super price tag to go with it! I have found some similar items on amazon that are cheaper. Check out eBay too. What items are you looking for?

PopcornPumpkin

Cavy Slave
I’m looking for a liner, and some pee pads. Thanks for responding!

Squibbles

Cavy Gazer
I looked for the liners as well on Etsy but the prices were just way out of my budget lol. I actually have some bath mats that I bought from dollar general in the hay/hidey areas with CareFresh on top. That is where they seem to go the most.

Underneath that I have old towels layered by 2 and then fleece on top for the entire cage area. I really wanted the sewn liners but I just could not fathom paying so much money! Plus I got a really cute fleece print for 25$ (3 yards). I have not had any problems with odor or anything so far [emoji5] time will tell though! Only had my girls for 6 weeks...

What are you using now?
ccf440b94d4d6d5156c3b8f08bc4c6e1.jpg

A picture of my fleece and the bath mat..

PopcornPumpkin

Cavy Slave
That bath mat is brilliant! I’m using bed pads with a fleece blanket on top. For pee pads I’m at a loss. I was watching skinnnypigs1 and love her cleanup system. I feel like my fleece bunches making it harder to clean.
I did find some of those car scrubbers(dollar tree) that look like a miniature version of your bath mat for in the houses. I can’t figure out how to post a picture.
thank you for your response, I’ll be looking for those bath mats today!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Check those bath mats after they've been in the cage a while. They're generally built to absorb liquid, and that's not what you want with cage bedding. You want whatever the top layer is to wick the liquid to an underneath layer so that the pigs' feet stay dry. If you're feeling wet spots, they're not suitable.

Squibbles

Cavy Gazer
Thanks for the heads up! Would it be ok if I covered the entire mat with CareFresh? I guess it would still seep through it? [emoji848]

If not I could use them under the fleece in the potty areas instead of towels maybe?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can definitely use them under the fleece.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Tinypiggyus. Great prices, super nice lady, and very fast shipping. Highly recommend. Quality work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.