Desserts

1. GPigsRSweet
    GPigsRSweet
    I'm actually not much of a cook, but I do love making desserts! Here's the place to post your dessert recipes.
  2. GPigsRSweet
    GPigsRSweet
    My favorite cookies/bars ever!

Oatmeal Cookies

1 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup butter or margarine softened
    cup granulated sugar
    cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 package (4 serving size)
    Vanilla Instant Pudding
    and Pie Filling
    2 eggs
    3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
    1 cup raisins (optional)

Mix flour with baking soda. Combine butter, the sugars and pudding mix in large bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture; then stir in oats and raisins. (Batter will be stiff.)
    Drop rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen small cookies.

You can also put in M&Ms or chocolate chips for something different. I also make these as bars. So yummy!!
  3. Feeorin215
    Feeorin215
    Oh wow. That sounds awesome. I'm going to try it! Here's mine. I make it all the time and I eat way too much of it.

Double Decker Pumpkin Cheesecake!

You will need:
    1/2 Cup White Sugar
    1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
    1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
    1/2 Teaspoon Van. Extract
    1 Pinch ground clove
    1 Pinch ground nutmeg
    2 Eggs
    2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
    9 in. prepared graham cracker crust
    Whipped cream for the top

You will:

Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C)

Get a large bowl. Add cream cheese, sugar and van. extract. Beat it until it is smooth and all the lumps are out.

Blend the eggs in one at a time.

Take 1 cup of the mix out of the bowl and pour it into the bottom of the pie crust.

Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin, into the remaining mix (in the bowl).

Stir it all up and add it to the pie crust.

Bake fr 35-40 mins. until the center is almost set.

Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight and then top with whipped cream.

EAT IT!

You can also make your own/buy carmel sauce to drizzle on the top.

MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. 1frankie7
    1frankie7
    This is the most simple 'desert' ever, but it's cheap to make. Healthy enough(accept the sugar) and delicious.

berries in a lime sauce.

Ingredients: 6 oz strawberries, 2 oz blackberries
    Chop strawberries to desired size put in dish.

SAUCE: 1/4 cup lime, 1/8 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar. Mix all sauce stuff in bowl, Pour on top of berries. Eat.
  5. Feeorin215
    Feeorin215
    Oh boy. Do I love simple! I'll have to try it out!
  6. banjosnotbombs
    banjosnotbombs
    Glad to find this group, I plan on taking vegan culinary arts classes next year
    I made this for the first time the other day, it was sooo good. The recipe is a bit long but it's easy to make. Takes me about 10-15 mins to prepare.

Pudding Cake
    1 cup flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    3/4 cane sugar
    9 tbsp cocoa powder (buy fair trade!)
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 salt
    1/2 ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup soy milk
    2 tbsp safflower oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed.(if any veggies have a hard time finding suitable brown sugar you can just mix a bit of molasses into cane sugar with a fork)
    1 3/4 boiling water

Preheat oven to 350, oil a 9 inch baking pan
    In a medium bowl mix flor, sugar, 5 tbsp of cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add soy milk, oil, and vanilla and stir well to combine. Spread batter evenly in pan, it'll be pretty thick.
    In a small bowl mix brown sugar and 4 tbsp cocoa powder. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour boiling water over batter and don't mix in.
    Baking 35 mins, and voila!
  7. iluvguineapigs2
    iluvguineapigs2
    These are making me hungry!
  8. iluvguineapigs2
    iluvguineapigs2
    These are making me hungry! I will try to get get around to posting some desserts.
  9. Aleks
    Aleks
    The last time I visited my mom, she taught me a very quick and easy way to make baked brie.

Ingredients:
    -Mini Fillo dough shells
    -Brie cheese
    -Sauce topping, such as fruit dessert sauce (optional)

Directions:
    -Preheat oven to temperature specified on Mini Fillo dough shells box
    -Cut off outside part of the brie
    -Fill the Fillo dough shells with the inside part of the Brie
    -Stick in oven for time specified on Fillo dough shells box. (It usually only takes 5-10 minutes)

Optional: Can add dessert sauce before putting them in the oven, or after for a nice cool topping to the hot Brie cheese.