View RSS Feed

Evangela

Open Cage

Rate this Entry
I am always trying to create new and better cages for my Guinea Pigs. I
want them to get exercise and I want to create new and different things to
prevent boredom.
Well, my newest cage is the best. So, I thought I would share it with you. It is a big cage but you could make it smaller and use a smaller pool. They love it. It provides exercise and gives them choices! I hope you like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3254.jpg 
Views:	17760 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	15531

Submit "Open Cage" to Google

Comments

Whoa! I love how it goes down into the kiddie pool! If I had a whole room to devote to my piggies, they'd definitely have something like this.
    That is so cool! That is SOME creativity )
    Wow that is awesome!
    Thank you all for liking it.
    WOAH! Awesome cage! I wish I had the space for something like that!
    Oh I better not let my piggies see this!!! What an awesome cage! Well done! If I had the space I would totally make something like this!
    Thank you all. I checked out all of your pictures and you all have such sweet piggies! Don't ya just love them!!!!!
    Yes I do Evangela! I couldn't image my life without them!!
    I can't wait to move to a bigger place so I can steal your awesome design!!! Do your piggies ever try to climb over the side of the pool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhbean
    I can't wait to move to a bigger place so I can steal your awesome design!!! Do your piggies ever try to climb over the side of the pool?
    So glad you like my cage idea. This is a large pool so the sides are high and they haven't tried to climb the slide or the steps! Running up and down the ramp gives them exercise! thanks again
    couple questions.
    do they roll their cage accessories down the ramp?
    how the heck do you clean the pool? how often?
    Quote Originally Posted by rochelle
    couple questions.
    do they roll their cage accessories down the ramp?
    how the heck do you clean the pool? how often?
    No, they don't roll any of the accessories down the ramp. They run up and down the ramp and love it! I think they like it because it is somewhere else for them to scout out. They do spend most of their time upstairs, so the pool stays cleaner longer. I put newspaper on the bottom of the pool, then shredded paper bags. I clean it every 5 days. To clean it I roll the newspaper, most of the shredded paper rolls with it or I scoop it up with a dust pan. I wash it out with vinegar and water. I have hay, pellets and water down there too. It doesn't seem to get as soiled as fast as their kitchen areas in the main cage so I can leave it a few more days. Sometimes I use towels and fleece in the pool. Thank you for asking!