Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Husband... Fleece... Garbage... Head... Explode!!!!!

Blog entry from old forum

PrttyChngaderas

Cavy Slave
:eye-poppi

O. M. G. Becky!!

I use fleece and towels for bedding and had scoured the city's thrift stores for all the best thick and thirsty towels. I found great fleece blankets for cheap after the holidays and I was set. I had enough towels and fleece for 4 complete cage changes. 4 CHANGES!

Well, last week I change the pig boys cages. I always change their cages and just roll everything up, put it in a big garbage bag, and take it outside the next day and shake and beat everything until there is nary a hair or piece of hay on them.

So, I did that. But that day it was very cold, windy and raining. And so it was the next day... and the next day... and the... you catch my drift. It had been sitting for four days. I kept telling the hubs that it was pig laundry and as soon as it stopped raining, I was going to go about my business of shaking and beating.

It's beautiful out today. It's sunny, bright and not too warm. I put on my sneaks and head to the back door to collect my winnings. Nothing.
I look in the basement, the bedroom... everywhere and the bag is nowhere to be found. Did I mention that this morning I said to the hubs, "The bag by the back door is pig laundry. Don't toss it out with the trash."? Well, I did. And... he did. Toss it out that is.

No wonder I couldn't find it.

I called him and asked about the bag and he said, "I took it out this morning. Why?" I kinda flipped. No, I totally flipped. He said he didn't hear me.

The worst part is, he didn't just throw out last weeks cage liners. He threw out play time towels and fleeces and a weeks worth of fleece and towels from bathing pigs and quarantine cage liners. He effectively threw out all but one entire cage change. I have 4 fleeces in the cage right now and two uhaul blankets and about 10 towels. He threw everything else out. I don't even have enough to change the cage come Friday.

I am just beside myself. While All the towels were second hand, I drove all over, dug through nasty bins and washed them all. I also triple washed all that fleece and dried it. So not only am I having to replace the blankets and towels but I have to rewash, re-bleach, re-dry all the new stuff I get.

Oh, and he is super-pissed that I got upset and is also mad that I asked him to pay for half of it out of his spending money.

I fully admit that I needed to take care of all that stuff sooner. I was just so specific about the bag and it being pig laundry.

Did I mention it was garbage day? By the time I realized what had happened, the garbage truck came and went.

I am almost on the verge of not being able to afford replacing all of this. I just bought a new torch that I had been saving ALL of my pennies for. I also don't have time to run all over God's Green Earth digging and haggling again.

Right now I am so frustrated and... well, pissed off.

The bright side? I am going to go for coordinated fleece from Joann's and only uhaul blankets. Is there a cheap online place to get nice fleece from?

Help a sister out! *laughs*

--M

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I remember seeing about a online feece site. Only Fleece? Fleece Online? I can't remember what it's called. Maybe do a search. Sorry I wish I could help more.

That would piss me off beyond anything too.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I just found one site fabric . com, they had a lot that looked cute.

PrttyChngaderas

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tip. I am looking now. Do you happen to know what the difference is between winter fleece and regular fleece? I know I need to get polyester fleece but beyond that, I don't know. Those little cheapie blankets from Walgreens were a blessing.

Deb's4Pigs;bt4337 said:
I just found one site fabric . com, they had a lot that looked cute.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I got four pretty ones from Walgreens. Two white with pink hearts and two white with black zebra stripes. Either blizzard fleece or ...can't remember what the other kind is called.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I just saw you had boys. I like the blue camo for $3.98. Goes off sale tonight at midnight. Want it wish I could buy it.

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
Holy! I don't know WHAT I would do, but freak out! I know some people have fleece listed on Ebay for pretty cheap. Maybe if you find someone listed close to you, you won't have to pay that much shipping.
Also, recently I put up an ad on kijiji.com asking for donations of stuff for guinea pigs, and lady answered and gave me a bunch of nice things for free. Maybe you could ask for donations of old fleece blankets., or something like that.
And another thing, recently I found little fleece pet blankets, big enough to cover the floor space of 2x2 grids at Dollarama for 2 dollars each(I'm located in Toronto, it's a dollar store chain here). Maybe you could check out dollar stores near you to see if they have a small pet section.
I think when you're shopping for fleece, just make sure it is 100% polyester and you'll be fine. I'm not sure if it matters if the fleece is winter fleece.
Oh, and maybe look into purchasing a laundry bag just for piggy laundry :p I also found one of those at Dollarama for 2 bucks. God, I love dollar stores!
Anyway, I hope this helped. And maybe down the road, when you have new fleece liners and such, you'll look back on this and laugh...
hopefully...
:D

sarah_atx

Cavy Slave
Aw, that stinks. I'm sure you'll get great stuff again and all U-Haul blankets will be nice. :)

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Oh man ! I am SO SORRY that happened to you ! Oh man would my husband be in the dog house with me if he did that ! I can't believe HE got angry with YOU for something HE DID ! That would make me almost even MORE ANGRY !

Oh honey...I am so sorry ! Joannes and hancock fabrics are having sales. Joannes solids are 5.39 a yard and some of their printed fleece is 6.99-9.09 a yard. Hancocks has a sale for some of their fleece which is for 6.49 a yard. Dollar stores are a great suggestion..I go there sometimes too, for smaller items.

Warm wishes and hope you are able to find some really great bargains ! Kath

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.