Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog New Piggy!

Blog entry from old forum

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
So yesterday I adopted a new piggy and named him Carlton. I held him a lot today and he is pretty skittish. He is also extremely bony weighing only .95lbs. I feel like I'm going to break him every time I pick him up. I'm not used to his long hair and accidentally pulled on it when I was picking him up. =[ He squeaked a lil' bit. I have to remind myself to watch out for the long locks next time tee hee! Supposedly he is around 3 months old. He came from a girl who didn't want him because she didn't have enough time for him. I'm thinking he was on a pretty crappy diet for how bony and hungry he is. She would also put him in an exercise ball! She asked me if I wanted the ball and I said no because guinea's have bad backs so the balls could cause them injury. I guess she didn't know and he was being fed a nasty pellet mix. Poor lilttle fluffball. =[ I'm glad I can give him a new home and provide the love & care he wasn't getting. During his quarantine time he will be in a store bought cage and then will join my other piggy in the c&c cage. I can't wait until the 21 days is up! I'm hoping they will get along. I'm glad I finally found a boy for my my Cadbury to have a friend! I just love them both so much. I'm obsessed with my fur babies. :)

Here's Carlton!
CIMG1315.jpg

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Boy, I thought my new Abby had long hair... Haha. : )

Stef41

Cavy Slave
What a DOLL!!!

Congrats!!!!! He is a stunning boy!!!

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
Hehehehe. Thanks you two! He is quite the character. I'm so happy to have him!

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
WOW is he cuuuute ! He reminds me of a porcupine with his long spikey hair ! Heehhee..wow, he has such long hair too for a baby, do you know what breed he is ?

I have an Abby and she is 4 1/2 months old, so I do not think he is an abby, but I do wonder what breed he is though !! Do you think he may be a Peruvian ? They have long hair. I too am so glad for you that you were able to find a buddy for Cadbury ! :)

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
Thanks!! =] Yes, he does have very long hair. I'm pretty sure he is part abby. He has cowlicks although they are not shown in this picture. I've had a few tell me what they think and many said part abby/peruvian. He's so fluffy! I love it! Thanks again for the comment!

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
He is gorgeous! I'm so glad you have him now to make sure he gets everything he needs to have a happy life =)
Have lots of fun!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.