Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Freya, Haylee, Villie, Natalie, and Lyla!

Blog entry from old forum

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Well, we have introduced Freya, Haylee, and Villie to their newly adopted sisters, Natalie and Lyla. (Yes, we have a name theme.) We expected Freya and Lyla's dominant personalities to clash, but surprisingly, our most submissive girl, Haylee, instantly attack Lyla. This series of attacks were much worse than what we experienced when we introduced Freya to Villie. I was shocked as to how violent Haylee was... There was no bloodshed, but there was missing hair. Haylee actually started to attack the original two, Freya and Villie, as well, even though they have never fought one another.

Her apparent anger has caused fighting between EVERYONE, even though they were such great friends separately. In the past day or so, however, they have dramatically improved. They now all eat and drink together and Natalie no longer resides in her pigloo until the others go to bed. Hopefully, this is the very end to their problems, but we will see.

Lyla's eye drops have been going very well. She gets them at 3AM and 3PM on weekdays and 8AM and 8PM on weekends due to my sisters and my work schedules. Our vet advised us that this would not be a problem. The pressure would slightly go up in her eye until she got the next drop, but it would quickly drop again. She does not show any signs of pain or discomfort at all and is acting very normally. Her next appointment is on the 21st where they will check the pressure in her eye once more to make sure they are still helping. She will have periodic check-ups (probably monthly) to monitor the pressure. If the drops stop working, she will be put on another medication (maybe) until they stop working too. If we cannot control the pressure with medication, we will have to have her eye surgically removed.

Stef41

Cavy Slave
Wow that sounds like a handful!

I am getting ready for the same thing, introducing two new girls to my other 3 girls...I am so nervous! I hope things continue to improve with yours!

And of course, best of luck with little Lyla, hopefully surgery can be avoided, fingers crossed for her! <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.