Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Tinkerbell and Friends Themed Cage

Blog entry from old forum

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
My finnished 3x6 cage for 5 sows. I am tired, sore and not completely finnished but close. The piggies approve and took to the using the ramp right away.

Add**

The sketch design will be the final cage since I don't want to waste the prevous 2x5 corotray from their old cage and I will post a picture at that time on how I made the ramp or entry way to the 2x5 area since I could get it to work on the google sketch up.

Attachments

003.jpg 3x6-3x5-1x2.jpg

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Looks fantastic! I know the feeling, I expanded not too long ago as well, but seeing them popcorning around the new cage makes the pain worth it. And it's a perfect fit in the nook of the room :)

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Nice Job!! It looks great. Those piggies are lovin' it. Your hard work will pay off. Hopefully you don't get the itch to re-do the cage for a while.

Angela~Anaconda

Cavy Slave
Love it! I LOVE tinker bell, but unfortunately I have boars and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate a purple/ pink cage, haha. Perhaps one day I'll have sows and I can totally tinkifie their cage :)
Iknow the feeling, my cage took 6 hours to constructs! Killed me for a couple days, lol.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Thanks, everyone and I am not allowed to redesign this cage although I am thinking about putting on the floor instead of it being a grid high for easier cleaning and so that I can get in the cage cage after cleaning it to play with the piggies easier.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Cute!!

I adore tinkerbell, so I would love to steal this idea!!! Beautiful cage!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's AWSOME! Great job!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I love the matching cuddle cups.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Deb's4Pigs;bt3934 said:
I love the matching cuddle cups.

Thank you I sewed all the cuddle cups by hand and I wanted everything in their cage to match as closely as possible and I really think I did a good job on this cage.

Now I dont want to store my 2x5 corotray or get rid of it so on thursday (cleaning day) I am redoing the cage agian. The 3x6 part is going to be flat on the floor instead of being 1 grid high and the bunkbeds plus hayloft will remain the same however I am going to add another 2x5 level as well which should add more room for them to run around. So I will update with that pic when it is completed.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I love your new cage! You did a great job with the cozies. My daughter has a Tinkerbell fleece throw and pillow. I bet that pillow will look great in your cage.
(broken link removed)

Little Mommy

Cavy Slave
I'm new to the GP community and am wondering if you are using fleece instead of aspen or carefresh?? Do the GP go potty all over your cage? Thanks

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Little Mommy;bt3939 said:
I'm new to the GP community and am wondering if you are using fleece instead of aspen or carefresh?? Do the GP go potty all over your cage? Thanks

Welcome to the GPC Community!

I am using fleece instead of Aspen or Carefresh. My piggies pee mostly in the corners (I added extra absorbant material to all corners) but they poo everywhere else. I sweep up poos atleast once a day and as for the pee it is wicked through the fleece to the absorbant middle layer (cotton rich mattress pad) which leaves the fleece that they walk on nice and dry with literally no smell other then the hay smell.

I made my fleece pads by sewing a top sheet (bottom layer) cotton rich mattress pad (middle layer) fleece (top layer) together then I sewed velcro all the way around the top. I hot clued to hooked part of the velcro to the top part of the corotray to attach my liner to the tray to make vacuuming and sweeping of the fleece easier and to keep piggies from playing under the fleece. The only fleece liner that is not velcroed to the coro is the hayloft and ramp part and it fits snuggly in place, however if my piggies decide to go under that then I will velcro it later.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.