Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Pig-cessories, part II

Blog entry from old forum

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
I had fun with another 30-minute guinea pig project: a cozy for my pigs.

il_570xN.208849277.jpg

I reinforced the opening with an extra strip of fleece so that it would stay somewhat rigid even after the pigs stepped all over it, as they so enjoy doing.

Unfortunately, it came out a little small: only 8"x11" finished. Next time I'm going to try to make one that's about 10"x13" so that they'll have an easier time getting in and turning around. They were having nothing to do with this one, so I posted it for sale on Etsy. Hopefully someone with a rat or sugar glider can get some enjoyment out of it.

il_570xN.208849240.jpg

Once I have a good size that my guinea pigs approve of, I'll be posting a tutorial for this and my 30-minute almost-no-sew tunnel. They're both really easy to make, with just the cuff posing any difficulty at all to anyone not proficient with sewing. So if you liked this, keep on the lookout for those upcoming tutorials.

Before I post them, I'll be working on a cuddle cup and a corner hammock. Then I'll most likely be adding tutorials for everything.

il_570xN.208849293.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
You did a really good job. Wish I had a sewing machine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.