View RSS Feed

Feeorin215

Ugh. Boys will be boys.

Rate this Entry

I had to break up a guinea fight today. I was so scared by the time it was all over, I was trembling. I'm not sure who started it, but I was sitting on the couch and I hear a loud BANG and then screaming from the pigs. I ran into their room to see a huge fur ball flying around the cage, igloos all over the place and food bowls flipped.

I did what I wasn't supposed to do. I used my hands and got bit by Jasper. I went into panic mode and couldn't think about anything but what was happening. Yes, it bled, yes it hurt. I don't recomend it. Ronin has hair missing and Jasper has a bloody gash on his side. He also has some hair missing.

I'll keep on eye on the injury. I had to put a divider in the cage until I get my grids that I ordered today. Then they will have to go into a stacked 2x3. Each having their own 2x3 that is.

Until then, they are in a 1 1/2 by 3 each. It's the best I can do until my grids get here...

So much for getting Ronin a friend and trying to make that work. I still can't tell who the bully is though.

Submit "Ugh. Boys will be boys." to Google

Updated 08-25-10 at 05:14 pm by Feeorin215

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How big was their cage before? You could wait a while and try introducing them again.?
    Were they in a 2x3 together? If so, that might have been the reason why they were fighting. Once you get your new grids you can see if building a bigger cage (2x4 or 2x5) helps.
    They are in a 3x3. It's as big as I can fit here.
    Oh and also, they had a hay loft on top in an L shape. There's a picture of it without the finished loft on my page.
    Would it be possible to make it a double/triple decker 3x3 with an external ramp?
    What would that look like? Also, when I put them down for floor time (they get the whole bedroom) they still chase and attack each other.
    Wait a few weeks, you could try again in a while.
    It would be like a 3x3, with another 3x3 on top(that would be a double decker).
    Oh, okay. Sounds good. I'm also looking through the photo gallery for ideas.
    3x3 is bigger than a 2x4, so space probably wouldn't have bee an issue, but I agree with 1frankie7. A stacked cage would probably help.
    i have a boy and a girl and they fought all the time but i just sepperated them with one bit of cage so they could still see, hear,and smell each other i just put them together after two months and they are doing perfectly fine so far, granted its only been a few hours together but fingers crossed