Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Penny gained weight!

Blog entry from old forum

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
For those of you who don't know, Penny is one my three cats. She was diagnosed with FIV a year ago. She has been underweight for her whole life She does retain her weight very well and doesn't lose it, but she is underweight.
Today I weighed her and she gained a pound! That is a big step. I'm thinking maybe because we are giving her nutritional supplements.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
What does she eat? I am a cat nutritional obsessor. I have researched it for months.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
She eats Wellness dry food with some warm broth mixed in for two of her meals and several different brands and flavors of canned food for her other two. The majority of the canned food is grain free, but the dry food is not. Every dry food that is grain free I have tried she won't eat. For her supplement I mix BioPreperation, bovine colostrum and Nutramin mixed into some kitten glop and she gets this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

I REALLY want to switch to raw, but I have my doubts that she will eat it. She will only eat tiny pieces of raw meat. Maybe she will just take a really long time to adjust. I don't know. I can keep my fingers crossed.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Before you try raw(IF you try raw, that is) switch her over to all canned. It will not only make the transition easier but it may help her keep on some weight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.