Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Life, man.

Blog entry from old forum

Windrunner

Cavy Slave
Life has been so weird lately.

Near the end of June I had a pretty major surgery that involved staying in the hospital overnight. I had to take 2 weeks off work, and then the next 4 weeks I'll be working part-time, from home.

It's been difficult. Healing has been rough, and post-op insomnia has been absolutely awful.

I'm so sleep-deprived.

But my piggies, my dogs, and my cats have all helped keep me sane. My dogs sleep with me at night and so does one of my cats. My piggies whistle and squeak at me whenever they see me -- for the first 2 weeks, my husband had to do ALL of their care as I'm not allowed to bend, twist, lean, etc., and am also not allowed to pick up more than 10 lbs. I've been slowly getting back into the swing of caring for them although hubby still has to help with the cage cleaning since that's still too strenuous for me.

I don't like being so dependent but at the same time, it's really helped me slow down and appreciate the small things.

Like how Tonks kisses my fingers.
How Minerva's wheeks are almost like songs, so loud and sustained.
How Sylvanas is so adorable when she sleeps with her feet straight out behind her.
How Alleria is adorable with her little doughnut lips and glorious whiskers.

I love them all so much.

Animals really are the best healers. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.