Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Week 5 Day 2.

Blog entry from old forum

Windrunner

Cavy Slave
Week 5 day 2 of working from home. I'm loving being able to be home with my animals. That's one of the best parts about this; also, I love being able to step outside and read on the porch, or do paperwork outside for work, or just go out and do yardwork during my lunch break. Or go out and pick dandelions for the pigs. Just all the little freedoms that are so lovely!

But I'm also just feeling it emotionally I think. I don't know. I've been really dragging emotionally. It feels darker in my mind and my nightmares are reflecting that. I don't know how much of that is due to the pandemic and how much is due to having to wait for my surgery. And be in pain in the meantime. I hate pain. I also hate that the painkillers I'm using (ibuprofen and aleve) are both mega constipators *facepalm* so I'm in pain from that too, I already have IBS so this is just an additional issue.

I guess my saving grace is really my animals though. I keep coming back to them. Today was a celebratory sort of day as it's my younger dog's 3rd birthday and 2nd gotcha day so that was fun to celebrate for her. We took her to doggie daycare for the day so she could have her birthday celebration there and also just get some playtime and socializing in with other pups. In the midst of all of this, it's so nice to be able to distract myself from the "Real World" and instead think of ways to take care of my furbabies better. Ways to spoil them, ways to exercise them, ways to stimulate them mentally.

I really just don't like being in limbo. I want to schedule my surgery. I want to at least KNOW when it'll be a thing. I'm so tired of waiting. I'm fine with social distancing having to continue for months, I'm fine with wearing my mask everywhere, I don't mind any of that. But I just want to know if hospitals will lift the "elective surgery" ban in May or if that's going to wait til June. Hell, I'm fine with waiting til July or August if I have to. I just... want... to... know. And that's the problem, haha. No one knows. I don't like that lack of control. I joke about being a control freak but it's so true, I am. I wonder how much of that is nature versus nurture, too... I'm suspecting a lot more nurture than anything given my specific upbringing. But who knows...

monicap

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I am new to the forum and not sure exactly how it all works. Since you are constantly on the forum I thought this would be a good place to leave a comment about my situation.. I recently got 2 baby piggies. I've had them for a little over a month. I have been extremely affectionate with them, holding them at least once a day. I think they are bonded with me as they purr in my lap, lick my neck, gently nibble and they are starting to allow me to pick them up without running away. I recently found out I have to downsize my apartment and will not have room for them (they are in a huge enclosure). Can piggies get depressed? If I re-home them will they bond with a new owner? I'm so torn on what to do..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.