Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Welcome Home Saphron!

Blog entry from old forum

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
unnamed.jpg
Everyone say hello to Saphron! She was adopted as a companion pig for Willow after Juniper did not get along with her.

We got her yesterday from Portland guinea pig rescue! We love her so much and she is such a little cuddle bug!

She came from a family that allowed their small child to look after her. The kid thought it was funny to keep boy and girl pigs together and soon they had 6 piggies.

When they needed to move all but 2 of the pigs were dumped at shelters. Saphron and her two babies were surrendered to PGPR and Willow fell in love with her, as did I!

They get along great except for some rumbles from my little diva ;) I couldn't be a happier piggy mama! <3

dirah93

Cavy Slave
Saphron is beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear she went through that ordeal, that must've been tough for her. Thankfully now she has such a great owner! :)

GuineaPigNibbi

Cavy Slave
They're incredibly lovely! So very cute! Also, hi! Im new here.. could you inform me on how to post? I have many questions about my piggy.

My Squeakhearts

Cavy Slave
Aw! Hope Saphron likes her new home! We are thinking of rescuing from the Portland Guinea Pig Rescue too! How was the adoption process?
Warm wishes to Saphron, her new friend, and new loving owner.

Buddy and Oreo

Cavy Gazer
I agree with dirah93! You seem very knowledgeable, and love guinea pigs :) All people need to own guinea pigs is love and knowing all the info about them you can.

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
My Squeakhearts;bt8371 said:
Aw! Hope Saphron likes her new home! We are thinking of rescuing from the Portland Guinea Pig Rescue too! How was the adoption process?
Warm wishes to Saphron, her new friend, and new loving owner.

Sorry for the late reply!!!!

In general the adoption process was fantastic!

My only problem was in order to get Saphron I had to lie about my piggies diet. They have very radical ideas when it comes to what your pigs should be eating. If you don't comply they wont adopt out to you. If you are interested in what to say about diet just let me know!

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
GuineaPigNibbi;bt8370 said:
They're incredibly lovely! So very cute! Also, hi! Im new here.. could you inform me on how to post? I have many questions about my piggy.

So sorry for the late response!! Hopefully you have got this figured out by now! Let me know if you still need help :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.