View RSS Feed

guinea.piggies

Guinea Pig Pellets

Rate this Entry
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if you could help me with my choice of pellets. I have two guinea pigs. One of them is one year old (yes, the one on my profile pic), while the other is only 4 months old. I am not sure if I should use pellets for adult guinea pigs, or pellets for young guinea pigs. What is your advice? Thank you!

-Guinea.piggies

Submit "Guinea Pig Pellets" to Google

Comments

You should use the adult food pellets.
    Well it all depends if your ready to feed them adult pellets. I started with the pellets for the young ones until about 6-7 months then switched. If you think your 4 month old will be alright eating the adult pellets then you can feed it to him/her. Make sure you read the ingredients for both the young and adult pellets before you decide on feeding them the adult or the young pellets.
    I've always switched my little ones at 6 months. At five months I start slowly introducing the adult food into their regular young formula food and by six months they are completely on adult food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdbjones
    I've always switched my little ones at 6 months. At five months I start slowly introducing the adult food into their regular young formula food and by six months they are completely on adult food.
    This is correct! the is what i did with my pig!