Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Am I Crazy?

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I love my guinea pigs, but I quite often think, "I won't get more when they're gone." Like, by then I'll probably have other stuff going on, right? YET, every time I see available pigs in my area... I have to look, and have my heart broken. I just want to save ALL the little homeless piggies! Why is that wrong? Oh yeah, because I live with my parents and have already taken over half the dining room with a double-decker C&C of awesomeness.

A couple weeks ago I saw a pair of sows on Craigslist and immediately got attached. One is black with a white crest and the other is a tricolor Abyssinian (my kryptonite). They were only asking $45 for the pigs, their TINY cage, food and bedding. Not a bad deal, really. But now! They're free! All I would have to do is drive 35 minutes to pick them up. So conflicted! If only I could be sure these girls would get along with Lilly and Rose in their 2x5, I would swoop them up in a heartbeat!

Well... I think I may ask anyway. For my sixth and seventh guinea pigs. Crazy. Wish me luck.

Piggyhugs

Cavy Gazer
I recently lost one of my Guinea pigs(this morning) she was sick and I don't know how to cope I went to grab her to give her the antibiotics our vet gave us and I can't stop crying

LizzyTheCavy

Cavy Slave
I lost my sweet Ginger in november but my parents finally let me get another! Her name is Lizzy and she is my life. I am currently working on getting another piggy but i have to drive abut 3 hours to get her. One of my parents agree that i can have her but the one who usually makes the decisions is still unsure if i am responsible enough. I have not been bugging him about sit for the last two weeks and I have been trying to keep it on the low so I would not overwhelm him. This piggy is a cross breed like my abby peruvian mix. This little girl is an american peruvian mix and i instantly fell in love with her. she is $20 which is an amazing price and she is 1 month old about to turn 2! Im hoping i can get her and I hope you get your two piggies you want dearly! Have you came up with the names for them yet? My friend and I were talking and we were naming different names until she said Pippin. If i get this girl, her name will be Pippin, but Pip for short! Good luck to you and ur piggies :D

LizzyTheCavy

Cavy Slave
Piggyhugs;bt8341 said:
I recently lost one of my Guinea pigs(this morning) she was sick and I don't know how to cope I went to grab her to give her the antibiotics our vet gave us and I can't stop crying

I had to go through the same thing. I rescued my piggy about two years ago and she was about 3 when we got her. she was neglected and took about a year for her to finally trust me. On November 10th our school was out and I slept over at my best friends house. The next morning my friend, her little sister and her sisters friends all wanted to see/meet Ginger. When I went to pick her up she was hard and did not move. My baby had died that morning or the night before. The funny thing is, is that she loved laying in her litter box.... That is where i found her the next morning. Im so sorry you have to go through this. I understand, trust me, it was one of the worst days in my life. If you need anything just message me, Im here for you:love::sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.