Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Introducing Pearl

Blog entry from old forum

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
In the wake of Spuds' passing, I adopted a new companion for Mable. She had been surrendered to petco as the girl that had owned her didn't want to take care of her any more. They said that her name was Daisy and that she was 6 months old. I renamed her Pearl and figure she's definitely older than 1 year; she has adult nails, weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces, and has cataracts.

I was afraid that when I got her, it would feel like I was replacing Spuds. She looks so much like him, but I realized that no one can ever take his place. She's a lot like him in personality, too; she's sassy, wheeks for food, and tries to knock my computer off my lap, just like Spuds. :p I'm so glad I was able to rescue her :eek:

But for as big as she is, she's a cuddly teddy bear and has let Mable be the boss. Have a look :)

pearl1.jpg

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
Cute!!! You can never replace the ones you have lost. I have done this before, my story is on the blog so long if your interested. They will always hold a place in your heart no other pet can replace them. Thank you for giving her a loving home. So cheeky she is....

GuineaPiggies7

Cavy Slave
She is so adorable! Too cute! :) Hope she fits in well with the fam!

FiFi.Flowerscot

Cavy Gazer
:love: gorgous ...... they each have there own personality so you are never replacing, so glad you managed to give her a nice home and that sje reminds you of Spud x

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.