Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Nail Clipping and Coroplast Biting

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
My two new piggies are horrible little coroplast munchers! They've figured out what times of the day they can expect vegetables and if they don't get them fast they try to chew their way out of the cage. I bought something to cover the edges of the coro with, and it works really well... the parts I've been able to force on so far, anyway. Maybe this plastic is a little too heavy duty.

Today I also clipped the new girls' nails for the first time. I noticed both girls have calluses on their feet. Maybe from whatever bedding their old owner used? Lilly's nails were pretty good, so I think she must chew on them herself like Zelda and Peach do. Poor Rose has long, thick nails though. Her toes look like they sit sideways a bit because of it. Despite being the most well-behaved pig I have, she didn't seem to enjoy nail clipping and started biting the towel I had on my lap so I only cut her front nails and will try the back ones some other time.

ClicknCavy

Cavy Slave
Your new piggies sound like fun!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.