Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Please pray for this little guy. :[

Blog entry from old forum

CavyGarden

Cavy Slave
Oka my guinea pig truffles was sharing my room with me for the longest time, and eventually stopped going to the bathroom in his little litter corner of my room, so I introduced him to Twwister , another boar. Well I puut them together and let them estblish dominence, well What I'm ashamed to admit is the fact that I didn't notice that Truffles was getting bit up, and in responce to Twisters actions he tried to defend himself, by chattering and lost his two front teeth. Thats when I seperated them. Well I had him out for playtime last night when I got back from a flute lesson, and noticed this weird clump in his fur. He sqeeled when ever I moved it. I then got worried and trimmed the hair so I could see it better. It turned out to be an ugly bite wound. so I thought if there is one there is going to be another hole. So in looking for it, I found eleven more wounds. :weepy:
He is being treated now, but I'm so worried about this little guy. Are his wounds supposed to Ooze?
I will keep you guys updated...

vicky2

Cavy Slave
Did you take him to the vet?

CavyGarden

Cavy Slave
She had given us an antibiotic for infections. But latley I noticed that all bite wounds do an oozy thing, and I'm not sure why.

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

vicky2

Cavy Slave
I got an infection from a public pool a couple years ago and it oozed. Turned out that the oozing almost got rid of the whole infection! Good luck with the little guy!!!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The draining is good. Bite wounds can abcess, then they need to be cut opened , drained cleaned and kept clean. Just keep a close eye on it. Keep it clean and keep him on the antibiotics. Do as your vet tells you. Any questions call the vet back.

CavyGarden

Cavy Slave
suzilovespiggie;bt681 said:
The draining is good. Bite wounds can abcess, then they need to be cut opened , drained cleaned and kept clean. Just keep a close eye on it. Keep it clean and keep him on the antibiotics. Do as your vet tells you. Any questions call the vet back.
Okay, then we have been doing things correct. YES!
I will keep you updated, thank you so much. :]:cheerful:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.