View RSS Feed

spudsthepiget

Cherry

Rate this Entry
Last month, I posted about Cherry losing so much weight due to what we thought were overgrown teeth. We took her in for a molar trimming, and as it turned out, she actually has a deformity in her tongue which is why she was only able to eat mash and couldn't eat solid food well. The vet did a very light planning of her molars that day.

Cherry is doing so good! The molar trimming really helped her; she's learned to eat hay by using the side of her mouth and is steadily gaining weight back! She's up over a pound and is no longer scrawny like she was only a month ago. Every time I see her eating hay, I just think "Go Cherry!" She's also learned to eat parsley, cilantro, carrot, and celery. She's even getting the hang of lettuce.

I'm so proud of my piget!

Submit "Cherry" to Google

Comments

What wonderful news. Aren't these little piggies so amazing. She's adjusting to the problem that she has and is just motoring along. I give you a lot of credit too. You've helped her every step of the way.
    Thank you, Kelsie! I even saw her eating solid pellets tonight! Piggies are amazing animals.