Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Time for change... hopefully!

Blog entry from old forum

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I put an application in at our local Petsmart. I met a woman there, very kind woman who works with the small animals. She works there because she is trying to convince the company to quit purchasing small animals from commercial breeders. She educates every single customer who purchases an animal on the proper care and housing. What really caught me off guard about this woman, is that she DEMANDED I purchase a larger cage for my boy when I first got him. Yes, I bought a store bought cage to begin with while I decided if I would get a second guinea pig. She also brought up the proper food and bedding for animals while talking to her.

Well, I have an interview tomorrow! I hope to get hired, so I can join this woman in the good fight. Working there will hopefully give me some insight into what exactly goes on there with the animals, so I know how to go about changing it. I also need a job, as my family is struggling right now! Wish us luck! This is a HUGE opportunity.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Good luck!! I have my fingers crossed for you! If we can get more people like you and her in at pet stores, we can make a huge difference in the way animals are cared for! :)

sugarandspice

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That's great! :D You are so lucky to have met a woman who has a great attitude towards animals at PetSmart! I hope you get the job and I wish the best for your family and you! :)

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys! I haven't heard back, so most likely I didn't get the job. However, speaking with the manager made me realize the reason that the store here seems so clean. He is very adamant about cleaning and feeding. He has been petitioning corporate to allow him to purchase fresh vegetables for their pigs, knowing that they are supposed to have them. I was completely blown away. He even said that he doesn't like where they come from, but feels that starting at his store they deserve nothing but the best.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.