Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Pet Shops?

Blog entry from old forum

KatrinaJoggers.

Cavy Slave
I always thought that Pet Shops were the way to go.
But how wrong could I have been?

Considering I am now 17, I always bought MY pets from pets shops, not knowing any different. I adopted my 3 Guinea Pigs off of my friend. My previous cat was from a shelter.. My little boy was from our family farm. Hamsters from a pet shop, fish from a pet shop.

I never really knew about rescue's and adoption centres as I dont have one based near me. But now I really wish I got my animals from a rescue, shelter or adoption centres as it upsets me to see so many pets being sold, bred to be sold and people using silly excuses to get rid.

Pet shops arnt as good as they make out to be though? I saw about Pets At Home on a television programme and their responses were mostly negative! I even live near a small pet shop and it cages arnt clean, they have newborn baby Guinea Pigs housed with their mother and a rabbit in tiny cages. One guinea pig had a crusty eye and had bald patches near the eye. Something was seriously wrong with the poor pig but no one noticed. I had something to say and I didn't see the guinea pig in there the next day so i'm hoping that they got the poor pig sorted!

I used to believe pet shops were the way to go! But I no longer believe that! So many animals are put in shelters, left behind or sold without a care in the world. I wish I could do something.

If it wasn't for sites like this, I wouldn't have known better, i'm so glad I have websites like this to rely on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.