Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog My new piggy

Blog entry from old forum

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
I finally got m first piggy, her name is Muffin, and I love her like crazy! I got her just yesterday, and she has to live in a store bought cage, (sadly) until she is big enough to live in a c&c. She is really shy, (of course) and is 5 months old. I just wanted to share that with you guys, thnx! And Merry Christmas!lol:love:

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What do you mean until she is big enough? I've had 2 month old rescue pigs in c&c cages, They need the good sized cage to grow properly and to enjoy life.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
You can double up grids if you are worried about her getting her head stuck in the grids. Hubert had a really small head at about 5 months and I had to use cardboard and doubling up grids for a few months. A store bought cage is too small, so I would look into a C&C and just baby proof it if she's super small.

cheesypuffpea

Cavy Slave
I'm happy for you! Personally I think that maybe keeping her in a pet store cage at first will help with the taming process. You should get her a friend in the future! Merry Christmas!

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
cheesypuffpea;bt6091 said:
I'm happy for you! Personally I think that maybe keeping her in a pet store cage at first will help with the taming process. You should get her a friend in the future! Merry Christmas!
Thnx and Merry Christmas to you too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.