View RSS Feed

SingMeAHarmony

About me(:

Rate this Entry
Hey, welcome to my Blog. I'm SingMeAHarmony, but you can call me Melanie.

Right now I've got two piggies, Shadow, a long, black haired boar, and Jazzmine, a multi-colored, long haired sow.

Right now Jazzmine is pregnant. The story? She was born in July of 2012, and was kept in the same cage as Shadow and a few more piggies until I got her. Ha, the owner was wondering why her piggies kept getting prego. Anyway, about a month after I adopted the two I started noticing that Jazzmine was noticeably bigger than Shadow. At the time, they were still in the same cage. After realizing there was a great chance she was pregnant, I found this website and got the help I needed. Shadow is now living in a C&C, two-sided cage (girls on the right, boys on the left). His side is 2x2. Yes, I know this is small if we're getting a few new additions to the herd. But I've reached a decision... I think I'm going to put Jazzmine up for adoption.

Yes, at first I was really excited for these pups. But then when i asked a few questions on here I realized I was in over my head. What if the pups come out lethal? What is Jazzmine doesn't accept one? I'm not blaming anyone for my decision, I swear, I just don't think I'm experienced enough for this.

On that note, I'm taking her today. I just don't think we're a good match, either. Quite frankly, I don't even think I'd be home if she did have the babies. I'd want the babies to be born happy and healthy, and in a good enviroment where the owner has enough time to take care of the youngsters.

Because Shadow is going to be an "only child" once Jazzmine is gone, I've decided to try adopting a new pig. I've also decided it's going to be another boar, so they don't have to be seperated and will be in good company. However, I understand it might take them a little while to get used to each other, I think it will be best for my baby<3

Any comments? Do you think I'm doing the wrong thing? Don't hesitate to comment...

xoxo,
Melanie

Submit "About me(:" to Google

Comments

I think what you've decided to do it great, But where are you taking her? (:
    Oh so sad i hate giving up any pet
    @RodentCuddles-- I was originally taking her to Petco so I could adopt her out through their services, but none of the stores in my area have any space (which I think is a total lie, I went to one a few days ago and there was many empty cages), so right now I'm not sure.