View RSS Feed

LifeAsItMayBe

Craigslist Blues

Rate this Entry
Lately I've been kind of stressed out. It's dark outside (not normal for this part of Texas), my mom has been unwell, and I have an interview coming up for a job that I really want. I'm not one of those people who is just instantly comfortable around people I don't know and I worry I'll just sit there like an idiot and not say what I ought to. So, I have been trying to keep my mind occupied on other things.

This morning I went on Craigslist and searched for guinea pigs in the city I would move to if I got the job, just out of curiosity. I like to see pictures of other people's pigs. Well, today it didn't make me feel better at all. There were several posts of "Got the kids these critters they begged for, a month later they're bored and I don't want to clean up after them any more," and many of the other pigs I saw were offered for free. Of course I instantly wanted to take them all home. There was even one listing with a pig and a bunny kept together in a tiny pet store cage! I really need to learn to stop going to that site.

Submit "Craigslist Blues" to Google

Comments

Well i dont blame the people that posted that add, because guinea pigs are not for children that become bored easily. Guinea pigs are simply there to look at and clean up after. THEY ARE BORING
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggycraze
    Well i dont blame the people that posted that add, because guinea pigs are not for children that become bored easily. Guinea pigs are simply there to look at and clean up after. THEY ARE BORING
    If you think that, why are you even here?
    @Piggycraze

In theory, this is a troll. Based on things they have posted, I have come to this conclusion.

I do so much with my pigs, I would never think they're boring. You know what's boring? When people continuously come onto this site, make a rucuss, stir up opinions, and make a complete fool of themselves. I'd advise you to either a) quit while you're ahead or b) screw your head on tighter and realize this is an antibreading, pro adoption, utterly guinea pig obsessed forum.