View RSS Feed

Zuidy

Zuidy's Piggy Pages-- Page 13-- I need to say this

Rate this Entry
First off, I need to say this. I, and I am willing to bet everyone else here, would be lost without Guinea Pigs. And the Guinea Pig Cages forums.

I need to say this. I got my Pigs from a pet store, even after hearing some remarks that I shouldn't. I came to the forums before I had my Pigs and made a C&C before I got them. I heard from a few people in my first thread not to buy from pet stores. I didn't believe them, and went ahead and did so. There are many here who have as well, some not as lucky as I. My 2 girls are the most healthy, bubbly Cavies I have every heard of or known. I know I shouldn't have bought from a pet store now that I believe everything about them and where they get their "stock". If I could go back to December 29th with the knowledge I have now about a rescue in my area, and about pet stores, I would change where I got the girls from. But that would mean I would change what girls I added to my family in the end-- Which I cannot fathom getting any other Pigs than my Lil' Babe and Big Sis'.

I need to say this. If it weren't for these forums, I would be feeding terrible food, hay, using terrible bedding, have a terrible cage, not know how to clean a cage, not know about floor time and lap time, not know about friends for pigs, not know........ about pigs.

I need to say this. I have met so many nice people at these forums. I have not encountered 1 person who came off as rude to me. I like the stern atmosphere regarding certain aspects of Cavy ownership. I hate the fact that some people come here LOOKING for advice and then don't TAKE the advice which is given to them. To all of my GPC Friends: Thank you all for any help you have given me. A few shout outs, @lucas, I have no idea where you have gone. After the tornadoes in Indiana you have been so much less active. Take care friend, and your Piggers. @NarwhalsRock, thanks for being so kind and caring, and putting up with me and my rants in chat. We haven't been friends long, but thanks for the time we have had so far. Thanks to all of you, you are in my thoughts. @mommyof2, you have probably been one of the hardest workers for Piggy Pregnancy I have seen. From day 1 of you coming into chat not knowing much about Pigs or pregnant pigs for that matter, to now, with your new babies and new babies to come. Kudos to you, your work will be rewarded.

I need to say this. To a few special Pigs, and their owners, who have touched my heart dearly:

@fresian.m and your Merry and Pippin. You did your hardest in keeping them supported as long as you could.
@mufasa and your Mufasa and Borat, Amy and newest addition. Mufasa, the original, rest in peace furry buddy. Borat, same goes for you. Enjoy your recovered jaw, and ability to eat up over the rainbow bridge.
Lila, my only rescued pig. I miss you and still love you dearly, but you are in good hands now.

I need to say this. To a few moderators who have helped me through problems, past and present.

@bpatters, while I know you can be stern and often don't respond too in depth to things like this. Thanks for your advice from my first thread to the most current ones. I am sorry I did not heed your warnings about pet store pigs clearer. But that is in the past and is all done. I got 2 of the best pigs ever, and wouldn't change that for the world.

@lissie and @foggycreekcavy, for everything you 2 have done for me. There have been few times, but you gave me great info in those times.

I need to say this. To the wonderful community of these forums. As my Pigs and yours grow older, take some time each day to pay close attention to their behavior. It will truly fascinate you as you watch these simply elegant creatures walk around, chut-talk to each other, and popcorn when excited. Could a dog, cat, or other common household pets do so? I think not.

I need to say this. To my Pigs, I would be lost without you girls. As you enjoy your treat of Watermelon behind me, know how much I love you. We have gotten through many things, many times, good things and some bad. But we will pull through. We have the Cavy Spirit embodied in us. And so does this entire
forum.

I need to say this on behalf of me, various members throughout the United States of America, on behalf of all foreign members, on behalf of the core of GUINEA PIG CAGES, THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE THIS FORUM AVAILABLE. IT HAS HELPED EVERYONE HERE IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER, AND WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL! AND ON BEHALF OF OUR PIGS, THEY ALL SEND A FAITHFUL "WHEEEEK" IN THANKS TO YOU, FOR YOUR ARE THE ONES WHO MANY OWE THEIR PIGS LIVES TO!

Please comment below and share your own "I need to say this." style tidbits of information.

Thank you all so much, and I love you all!

__

-Zuidy

Submit "Zuidy's Piggy Pages-- Page 13-- I need to say this" to Google

Comments

I was almost in tears reading what you said about my piggies, and Borat in particular. It was a long, hard road, but as you said, he's recovered now and hopefully devouring lots of veggies and other goodies over the Rainbow Bridge. The one good thing to come out of his death was getting Quinn. I cringe when I imagine her living in her old 10 gallon aquarium, shoved in a corner, without even a hidey house.

I'm so glad your girls are healthy and happy. I'm glad you find this forum, and I know my piggies are very, very happy that I did. There are some extremely helpful people here who do a lot to make piggies' lives better through the education they provide.
    That was truly heartfelt, I once bought piggies from a pet shop to unknowingly. My little Emma died, within a few weeks of having her I believe she had caught an infection in the pet shop.We took her to the vet and her eye started to clear up, only to have her pass away in her sleep.... R.I.P girl.
    But I still have rose, my oldest piggy, the aby set as my avatar and she truly has an amazing personality. her ability to act so cheeky and be so loveable the same time. I believe Emma was her sister, and she slipped into part depression. Now I have 6 piggies all living with Rose and her personality is truly amazing once again. I'm sure Emma is watching over Rose now at rainbow bridge to.
    I feel the same way about these forums. Saved Pippin from a horrible life, and everyone on chat is amazing. Thank you, Zuidy, for your support of my decision about Merry and Pippin, as well as everyone's on here, it means a lot to me and keeps me on track. Sometimes I need the reminder that I did this for the right reasons. xx
    Without this forum, I too would be lost. Thank you for the very sweet post. It was wonderful to read your blog and I'm glad that your girls are healthy and happy. I hope that everything remains wonderful for you!
    Thanks for the comments guys. I truly mean everything that I said.