Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog 5 years, so long but yet so short...

Blog entry from old forum

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Five years ago today I was going to bed alone for the last time, or so I hoped because on August 9, 2007 I married my husband. It's been five wonderful years and while I may go to sleep in an empty bed because he's deployed or training, he is still my wonderful husband and I love him dearly and look forward to growing old with him!

I find it ironic how 5 years can seem like such a long time in one context, and such a short time in others. My daughter just turned 5 and I can't believe time has gone by so fast, it seems like just yesterday I was coming home from the hospital with her! And yet, just weeks later we got married and it feels like we've been together a life time (longer than just my daughter's life time).

Anyway, I'm just reminicing and procrastonating on going to bed, alone, because once again the Army has taken him to another part of the world. At least this time I can take comfort in the fact that he's in the same time zone, safe inside the US.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
What a sweet post. I'm so glad to hear that your husband is in a safe area. Hopefully the time will go fast and he will soon be home to you and your daughter. I lived the military wife life for a while so I know what you are going through. Does you husband plan to make the military his career? I enjoyed the traveling and getting to visit other countries but I was very glad when my husband finished his service and became a civilian. Everyone talks about how difficult it is on the military personnel when they are away from their families but it seems like they forget how difficult it is on the wives and husbands left at home. You are doing a wonderful job supporting your husband while he is serving our country. Kudos to both of you.

schavarry

Cavy Slave
@Kelsie, THANKS! This is one of the "shorter" times he's been gone, and I hope it will fly by! I'm sure once my daughter starts school the days will whiz by... I'm not sure if my husband intends to make a career out of the army, because he isn't sure yet, but while the economy is low he plans on staying in (he has a few years before his contract runs out). I love the comradery of Military Wives, and getting to live in unexpected places is nice, but I think I'll be happy when he's out of the military and we can put down roots somewhere. I think it's difficult for everyone involved in a military family, be it the soldier, the spouse, the kids, or the soldier's parents, siblings, etc. I will say it has made me a stronger person and I can't imagine my life without these experiences!! Thanks again :)

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Good luck to him and hopefully he comes home soon. Wonderful that he gets to stay stateside.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.