Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog When it rains...it pours!

Blog entry from old forum

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Well, it's going to be another tight month around my house money wise. In addition to the expense of my husband driving down to AZ (gas and hotels) and paying for the vet bills of the guinea pig I'm piggy-sitting (and probably won't be reimbursed for), we're also out $700 for my car :(

So basically last week my door (interior) handle on the drivers side of my car stopped functioning - if it were any other door this probably wouldn't be such an issue but it's a pain to roll down my window, open the door from the outside, and then roll it back up before I turn the car off, every single time I get out of the car!

Today I took the car into the dealership to see if they could fix it. It was going to cost $100+ just to take the door off and find the problem but I assumed (like an idiot) that my warranty would cover it...Well the warranty didn't cover it, and I had to choose between paying the $100+, have them put the door panel back on and not fix a thing -or- suck it up, pay the $700 and have it fixed.

I know it was MY choice to pay the extra money to fix the car, so I shouldn't be whining... but I'm frustrated because this means I can't afford to ask Lily's owner to surrender her to me and take care of her vet bills myself. :(

:mad: Ok, rant over. It's time to go to bed!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
At least you made an attempt. Kudos to you for that!

;)

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Thanks [MENTION=20670]Zuidy[/MENTION] :) I really am trying, even if I'm not making much progress most days...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.