Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog And we have a house!!

Blog entry from old forum

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
For those that have been following, I thank you for your support. I heard back from the leasing agent, and she was almost as upset as I was! She said that there was another house that she had that would suit our needs. So I went and had a look. It is a lot bigger than the previous house with a massive backyard (good for the dogs) and even a pool! Inside it looks ok. They are going to jazz up the kitchen a bit so it will look really quite modern. The bedrooms and the front lounge room are freshly carpetted. The only downside is the 70's style bathroom with a green bath :yuck: - but I don't live in there so it doesn't matter!!

Pet wise they were fine with the guinea pigs. The leasing agent knows that they will be inside but the owners don't. Whenever we have a house inspection they will just go out on the grass for the morning.

The owners were a tad concerned about the dogs, however the wonderful agent (who has the same breed dog as ours) managed to convince them that they would be fine. They are such good dogs anyway - they don't dig holes and are toilet trained etc.

The new guinea pig cage is unfortunately going to have to be smaller and more compact. That way I can easily move it around come inspection time and it will fit in with the rooms. Don't worry - the cages will still meet guidelines!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
I'm glad you found a house. What are you going to do if it's raining outside and you need to hide the pigs?

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
That is great! I am so glad you found a house in time!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
There is an undercover patio area. I was planning on draping the cages with blankets if it is cold on the morning of the inspection. They are hardly likely to be out there for very long but if worse comes to worse they will go visit my mum for the day.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Just as long as you have a back up plan! I'm glad you found a place in time and I hope you enjoy it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.