View RSS Feed

guinnymom23

now we have 4

Rate this Entry
when we first brought home Pebbles and Nibbles, these were the only two we were going to have. Then my son had his birthday party at a putting edge right next to the petsmart...of course we go there often enough to get piggy supplies, so was planning on picking up some hay for the girls after the party, went in, and thought to take a peek to see if there were any new piggies out...wouldn't you know it, they had a few just brought out...one look at Molly was all it took for me and to have my daughter get attached to her so quickly as well...well, it must have been kismet, she is a feisty little one and the older two accepted her easily enough. So, that was 3 months ago, yesterday was sitting and looking at the girls in their C&C cage, realizing we did have enough left over to make it bigger, thus making me think we could fit a fourth...grabbed the kids, got in the car and off we went to just see if there were any...kept telling my daughter that we were just going to look and if we happen to find one that would fit into our family, we'd be bringing her home...Fifi has now been with us a full 24 hours and is doing wonderful...she's quarantined in her own cage but has already cuddled with me, resting her wee head on my chest, throwing her legs out and just chillin'...we are now complete (i hope, the girls still have to accept her into their herd)

Submit "now we have 4" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh, they are all so cute! The little white one looks like has the ears shaped as a butterfly.
    We currently have two female piggies. Allie and Nikki. My daughter keeps asking for a third. How long do you keep them seperate before letting them meet if you bring a new one home? Also, ours are just about 1 year old...will they accept a baby into their herd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Mommy
    We currently have two female piggies. Allie and Nikki. My daughter keeps asking for a third. How long do you keep them seperate before letting them meet if you bring a new one home? Also, ours are just about 1 year old...will they accept a baby into their herd?
    You are to quarantine them for at least two weeks, just in case new piggy may be carrying an airborne illness, depending on where you get the new piggy from. I made the mistake of thinking that quarantine meant keeping them in separate cages, but in fact, you need to keep them in separate rooms? Anyway, we've had Fifi for a week and she is more than eager to join her sisters, so am planning on doing some more floor time, rearranging and using new bedding for the cage then trying her in their with them. She's had floor time with them already and seems to be okay, they seem to be curious but no aggression. So, best way to introduce them is on neutral territory at least two or three times before putting her in the cage and having clean, fresh bedding, trying to get rid of all their scents so it's a new place for all of them, they won't feel territorial? hope that makes sense...this is what I've tried and seems to work.
    Thanks for the info..... I don't have an extra cage so maybe we'll just stick to the two we have.