View RSS Feed

Trega

I'm crazy?

Rate this Entry
Sometimes at work I find that I am usually the one that most people find "weird" or "crazy" artsy type. I am the youngest of all the people who work there and not from Florida. I am kind of used to it and try to roll mean comments off my shoulders. I have had to deal with close-minded people a lot of my life.

Every once in a while people say things that make me question whether or not they are right and it starts to hurt my feelings.

For example, not too long ago I was online playing a computer game while on my break and I was told I should "grow up and stop playing games." Now if that was all I did all day I would agree, but I am a full time student (already with a bachelors degree), I traveled around the world, and I work full time.

Today I was talking to someone about my guinea pig and adopting one 2 hours away. I got laughed at for "wasting gas" on going to get a guinea pig, and why I would ever spend money on a rodent to go to the vet.

So things like that really bother me and I really wish I was around more people that were more understanding. I just thought I would rant a bit today and get things off my chest, I really hope that another career opportunity presents itself at some point.

I hope all of you and your piggies are having a good day.

Submit "I'm crazy?" to Google

Comments

No, I don't think you're crazy at all! I totally understand where you're coming from, though. I think if you want to play a computer game, then go ahead and do it! Who cares what other people think? A person should be able to do as they please, without any grief from someone else (excluding crime and whatnot!)! I've totally given up on caring about what other people think of me. I'm 21 years old, and I have a million stuffed plushies in my room. I'm sure if the average Joe entered my room they would think I were 12 or something. Cutesy pootsy things make me happy, and that's all that matters! Also, if I am out in public and I see a dog, I have to go up to the owner and ask if I can hug their dog. Yes, I said HUG their dog. I can't help it! I just love dogs too much not to hug every one I see!
    So, if you want to play games, you have earned that right, and people can go take a hike if they think it's "weird". Same goes with driving a distance to adopt a piggie. You would be doing a wonderful thing by going the distance to save a helpless creature and giving it a chance of a happy life. If someone has a problem with that, then I think they are the weird and crazy one!
    @ellisa - Wow, thanks so much! You made me feel a lot better about it. I know it shouldn't matter what people think, but sometimes you can't help it. I am glad I'm not alone!
    I understand. I too try to ignore what other people say, but sometimes it just gets to me. You're not alone at all! I'm sure many people would agree with us!!
    Oh sure, you are definitely weird for giving an adorable little creature a happy life :P . I like to think that people who comment like that are the same ones who think cats are chaotic monsters and pit bulls are bloodthirsty killers. By the way, I know a lot of people who are grown up, working, serious adults and they spend several hours playing video games regularly. Why does it matter to them that you traveled two hours for a piggy? I took my hamsters and my rabbits on a three day trip to my new house, and I traveled an hour and a half to adopt my rabbit. Try not to let the comments get to you. This forum is filled to the brim with so called "crazy" people, and I'm proud to be one of them .
    Enjoy your life, it's the only one you have! My coworkers, bless their hearts, don't really understand why I am so pro-piggy. They do get a laugh out of the antics my boys get up to and enjoy seeing pigtures. I once had a coworker that thought it was crazy to pay the vet to put my neices elderly dog to sleep because "It's going to die in a few days anyway". I will never understand people like that, just as they will never understand people like us. I believe that as long as we are not committing any crimes, we all have a right to be who we are. Those who love me don't care as long as I'm happy so to heckydoodle with the rest of them!
    They're in the wrong, not you Games are fun, alot of people much older play games too. It doesn't make you a kid to have fun and do what interests you, whoever that is bullying you would be doing what they are interested in, and if not, then they're the brainless types who follow everyone else around because they're scared to be themselves. And it's not a waste of money to care for a loving pet, whether it is a rodent, reptile, dog or cat... I have found that a lot of people are very narrow minded and ignorant, and they'll do and say whatever they can just to impress other brainless people. Pretty much an endless cycle . Anyways, keep your chin up, you're doing very well