Conversation Between Toadies and blondie

3 Visitor Messages

1. If you've ever heard the Jamie O'neal song "Frantic" that's my house. I love it though. Letting them go is hard, but I focus on the fact that the pet that just left let me take in another one from a shelter. One has a 94% kill rate, by gaschamber none the less. Ugh, those make me sick. My husband is new to the rescue side since he met me and he has a hard time letting them go, but I made a strict rule that he can adopt a russian blue (his favorite breed of cat) when one comes along, but no more after that can stay and no more rescue dogs can stay. If another dog comes in it will be a French Bulldog, which we breed. They help with the financial burden of the rescues, but of course the new homes are thuroughly screened and I breed responsibly. Giving the pets up is hard for me sometimes too though. I was a vet tech too for about 2 years. I am currently working on my certification. Glad to find someone on here who can appreciate my furry household crew.
  2. You are most welcome. Sometimes some forget that we were all newbies at one time. It sounds like you have your hands more than full. I love animals but could never run a rescue - I'd never let any of them go. I even name the deer that wonder through and worry if I don't see my "regulars" for a day or two. I used to work at a vet's office, which is why I have 7 cats (used to be 8), 2 dogs and one "toadie" (used to be 2) so I can appreciate your chaos and fur issues. At any rate, welcome aboard. This is a good source of information and ides.
  3. Thanks for posting advice on my two posts. Some forums I have joined have a "newbie mentality" that until you have posted more and "proven" yourself they don't even want to talk to you. I think that is quite sad though because even newbies have legitimate questions so thanks a bunch for replying to me. I really like this forum so far and the steps the mods take to keep spam off the boards. I think I'm going to like it here.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3