Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Elli the Chewer

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Most of my blog posts have focused on Zelda or Peach, but today I will talk about Elli. She was the runt of the litter, but is now by far my most difficult pig to handle. She has inherited her mother's acrobatic skills (running, jumping, backflips. seriously.) and will scratch and kick violently to try to get out of my hands once I've caught her.

But Elli's main quirk is that she chews on everything. Loudly. Plastic, cage bars, fabric, ceramic bowls, water bottles. Occasionally food. She is also the most likely to nibble my fingers (never very hard yet, thank goodness). Peach isn't entirely innocent of these offenses either, but she's not as bad as her sister.

This morning at six, Elli (and possibly also Peach) decided it would be a great idea to chew on the pigloo. They're quiet enough when they are just chewing the door, but they like to stick their faces up into the roof and chew on any little corner that will fit in their mouths. Somehow this amplifies the sound, with the added bonus of lifting the pigloo off the ground so it makes more noise when it lands. :grumpy: At six in the morning.

On a totally unrelated note, my mom got a gerbil. I guess she's bored of being pet-less? :boggled:

Piggypogs

Cavy Slave
Sounds like the little runt suits the name chompers or chewy of nibbles more lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.