View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Oh man... it's a blog!

You know, back in the day I used to be a fanatic about LiveJournal. I posted every day, sometimes multiple times a day... but it was also a lot of emo ranting and raging because I was a teenager with a lot of stuff going on.

So hopefully anything I post here won't resemble that in the slightest. I don't really have any type of hankering to return to that life. I'm sure it also helps that I'm about twice as old now as I was back then... ya know, age makes a difference. Changes your perspective ...
  2. First Blog Entry!

First and foremost: Hooray for becoming a Cavy Slave!

Today is Memorial Day. I know it is all about honoring our troops who are serving and have served, but I can't help but dedicate this one to my grandpa. Today is exactly one month since his passing, and all I can think about is that he should be here celebrating and having a good time with us. Not a day goes by that I don't think about and miss him, and my life feels so lost and lonely without him. I suppose I've slipped into a slight ...
  3. New Name, and... NEW PIG!

Hi everyone!!! Alright, so yesterday I realized I haven't really had very much lap time with Shadow in the last few days, and it really bugged me. I took him out and I decided that... I think it's time for him to have a friend. He was really happy with Jazz, even if they were separated. I've mastered taking care of one pig and I think both me and Shadow are ready for a second. This time I'll check on-the-spot to make sure it's a male. I've decided I'm going to the center where I took Jazzmine- it ...
  4. Jazzmine's gone, and as much as it pains me to say...

So maybe a month or two ago, I gave Jazzmine away. I took down the new C&C cage I built (it was a really, really nice, spacious cage that I really hated removing) and took out the store-bought cage- this will only be temporary, as we're having some minor work done on our house. On that note, I know I haven't been on in awhile since I let go of Jazzmine. But I've been on. In fact, I think I've written and rewritten this one blog post maybe four or five times alone. But the fact is, I think Shadow ...
  5. About me(:

Hey, welcome to my Blog. I'm SingMeAHarmony, but you can call me Melanie.

Right now I've got two piggies, Shadow, a long, black haired boar, and Jazzmine, a multi-colored, long haired sow.

Right now Jazzmine is pregnant. The story? She was born in July of 2012, and was kept in the same cage as Shadow and a few more piggies until I got her. Ha, the owner was wondering why her piggies kept getting prego. Anyway, about a month after I adopted the two I started noticing that ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast