View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Dark urine?

I have two male guinea pigs both a little over a year old, today I noticed dark orangeish brown urine on the white plastic floor part of their cage where their food bowl is. I wiped it up with a paper towel and it does not look like blood to me. Last night and this morning they had fresh Swiss chard and this vegetable is new for them so I was not sure if that could have caused the color of this urine? Some of the leaves of Swiss chard were dark purple and some were green so I thought maybe it could ...
  2. My 3 year old now guinea pig has some serious skin issue

My 3 years old American short haired guinea pig has been having some skin issues. About a year ago we noticed he was losing his hair due to his sibling mounting him. We separated them but hair was still falling out. We switched his bedding to the SoFresh allergen free bedding. It seemed to help until he had started to lose his hair again. Now for about a month or more I?ve noticed he itches and bites and scratches a lot. He itches to the point of bleeding. For a week now I?ve been bathing him and ...
  3. Is my piggy sick? Eye wants to close.

I have 2 pigs, one isn't with me right now, because I bought her from the store sick! I like to think I am getting good at telling if my guinea pig is sick. I was able to tell that pip (the sick one) was sick right away, she wasn't moving very much (didn't always run for cover, as a brand new young guinea pig should), had a small bit of eye crust, and sneezed a lot, I put her up to my ear and she was congested. She is now back with Petco, they are gonna fix her up (URI). But this isn't about Pip, ...
  4. Paper bedding

Hi everyone, I was looking to see if anyone had any input on where I can get non bleached paper bedding? I ordered some from chewy and from small pet select, which I am happy with but for how big my guineas cage is I have to buy 3 or 4 bags and it's expensive per bag :/ I got a bundle off of small pet select of food, hay and bedding which was a great deal for all of that but the bedding was just a small bag. I was in the process of shredding up a bunch of cardboard to make bedding for them but then ...
  5. Cheap paper bedding?

Hi everyone, I was looking to see if anyone had any input on where I can get non bleached paper bedding? I ordered some from chewy and from small pet select, which I am happy with but for how big my guineas cage is I have to buy 3 or 4 bags and it's expensive per bag :/ I got a bundle off of small pet select of food, hay and bedding which was a great deal for all of that but the bedding was just a small bag. I was in the process of shredding up a bunch of cardboard to make bedding for them but ...
Page 1 of 571 1234521 ... LastLast