View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Blood on fleece? PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone i was cleaning my guinea pig cage today and noticed that there was some reddish/brown spots on the fleece. I cleaned their cage yesterday so i know it was from today. I fed them kale and arugula yesterday night and this morning only kale. I thought maybe it is just a weird stain but there are two stains. I'm really worried and i'm not sure if this is normal or not. I have attached photos of these two stains. Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0171.jpg 
Views:	9060 
Size:	225.9 KB 
ID:	84178

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0172.jpg 
Views:	9001 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	84177 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Guinea pig does a sneeze cough??? Is this ok??

Hi My guinea pig, Bear, (Brown one) dose this occasional sneeze cough. I don't know if this is him being sick or whats going on. They are about 7 months old and i've only had them for a month. Bear seams fine other than the sneeze cough. I dont know if I need to be worried or not.
  3. Dry Skin

Hi
    my guinea pig girl MoneyPenny has passed her 3rd stage of the grease gland skin condition & now her skin is coming off in dry clumps with fur as well; she's getting better but she still scratches her new skin & makes herself bleed when she scratches; l'm still using Coconut Oil, but was thinking of trying Humilac Spray to help her not to scratch her new skin, can l use that spray on her or not?
  4. Introducing Lucy and Autumn

On November 8th, 2017 my guinea pig, Patty passed away suddenly. A few days after, I adopted Autumn.

After 2 weeks of quarantine, this past Saturday, I put Autumn's cage and Lucy's cage next to each other. On Monday, I let them have floor time and it went really well. They shared food, ran around, popcorned, cleaned each other, laid down next to each other, and talked non-stop. Today, I am letting them have some supervised cage time together, and I just had to share these videos! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Louise and Nutmeg <3

Name:	Nutmeg 1.jpg 
Views:	23177 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	83542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Louise 1.jpg 
Views:	22789 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	83543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nutmeg and Louise 1st Day.jpg 
Views:	21716 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	83544
    Yesterday, we went and picked up two beautiful Abyssinian girls, christened Nutmeg and Louise.
    They are settling in quite nicely to their quarantine cage (which is t=right next to our main cage, seperated by a door, now reinforced and built up, as one of our other pigs, Pepper LaPue, hopped the wall and scared them both, stealing their lettuce) although Louise is rather shy.
    More updates later ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 570 1234521 ... LastLast