Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Elli Kisses

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Last week I went out of town for a job interview. While I was gone my parents took care of the guinea pigs. When I came home and went to my room, all three pigs stopped what they were doing and stared at me. It was almost like, "Hey... There's something familiar here, what is it?" They all still look alright, but Zelda lost a couple ounces in weight. Not enough to be terribly worried, but enough that I have been watching her more closely (She still eats a ton and she's rumble-strutting next to me right now, so I think she's good :D). I picked up a cold myself. :boggled:

I have noticed a new behavior lately in Elli. Sometimes she will go up to Zelda and lick/chew/groom (I can't really tell) her face. It's really cute and Zelda lets her do it, so I'm guessing it's not a bad thing. On a semi-related note, I kind of feel bad for Peach. When she was a baby she was the most social cuddly little piggy, but now she doesn't really get along with the others. Zelda doesn't like her and she doesn't like Elli. She's more of a "'people-pig" now.

PiggyPride

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean- piggy three somes are often hard (I had one myself). I know this is sort of mean, but because two of my piggies were better friends with each other I would hold the other one more. But I would still give the other piggies lots of attention, too. I am so NOT saying you should do this. Sometimes we just have to remember that just like humans in school, piggies need to find how to be friends with other piggies, or if not, they will probably get used to not having a really good friend-just a friend that is in their cage with them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.